Part of the Vintage Treasures Team. Nov 21st 2015
Tis the busiest shopping week of the year...
Making the most of the busiest week in retail!
Stella & Dot will likely announce a customer special or two this week (last year our BLACK FRIDAY sale started on Tuesday!), so be prepared now:
- Are all your contacts up to date on the system, to ensure that your customers get our Black Friday email.
- Think NOW about who you are going to reach out to personally (not by email or posting on social media, good old-fashioned verbal conversation!!! it always gets the best results) be prepared, know WHO you are going to speak to, have their numbers ready
- If you don't have bookings, you can still sell up a storm by reaching out to people personally and helping them to tick off their Christmas list. Everyone is going to buy gifts this season, make sure they buy from you and not the High Street! popular gifts this week have been ALL of the £16 wishing bracelets, £15 sparkle studs, £25 radiance coil bracelet & £25 Aurora necklaces... as well as the Arrow Drop set and the TSEO half price offers. So when you are talking to people try saying "I'm not sure where you are up to with your Christmas Shopping, I could help you tick off some gifts, our wishing bracelets have been really popular this month, they are gift packaged, £16 and lots of designs to choose from... great for babysitters, teachers, nieces or a nicer gift than a bottle of wine when you are going to friends for dinner... I keep a couple in my bag just in case! our designs are something a bit different as we are not on the High Street!" pause and see how they react, if they seem interested you can follow up with "also really popular is our Aurora necklace etc...)"
- Don't forget about your male friends too, they are all pretty clueless! most men are only too happy to let you suggest solutions to their shopping dilemmas, say "who do you need to buy for? let me help your Christmas shopping easy this year, everything comes in gift boxes with a guarantee and can be exchanged anytime before the end of January, our designs start at £15 with pieces to suit every taste" Remember that men like to buy matching sets, so let them know that the necklace they like also has earrings to go with it etc... Ask them if they have a budget in mind and then suggest pieces from there...
- If you have available time slots, why not offer a "black friday week" trunk show/shopping /drop-in session, if people are getting together anyway, why not turn it into an event! offer this to all potential hostesses, it doesn't matter that it's last minute, that will bring the sale momentum into play, it's easy for a hostess to text her friends to invite them for bargains or to post on facebook...
- Or, hold a shopping event at your home or office, offer personal service to your customers and offer them all a Dec/Jan trunk show too. You can entice people to attend by saying that every guest will get a raffle ticket and an extra ticket for every guest they bring with them, or you can offer tickets for all sales over £50 etc... you don't have to give away jewels, you could give a bottle of prossecco or box of chocs...
- Remember when you are meeting new people, to offer them the Stylish Business Opportunity as well, last year, lots of women chose our Starter Kit as their Christmas Gift, so give the gift of 'owning your own business' this year!
Enter your orders as soon as you possibly can to avoid not being able to fulfil orders when stock runs out. Never sit on orders, place them straight away!!!
Images for you to use to promote your business x
Attention New Stylists! Want some FREE jewellery?
How? as part of our JumpStart program for new starters, you earn between 10 & 20% of your sales back in product credit to spend on free jewels! Ask your sponsor or check the YOUR REWARD section on the Stylist Lounge for more info.
So, if you are a new Stylist - make the most of this amazing season to maximise your jumpstart and whether you have Trunk Shows booked or not, you can still sell!!!!
See above for more ideas on how to sell this season.
Congratulations to Jo on promoting to Associate Stylist and also on her whopping sales this month! Can't wait to watch your business grow in 2016! x
Angela Key (Wales)
Angela never ceases to impress me with her consistent sales, this month you are breaking all records with over 3200PQV and counting! well done Angela, love having you in the the team x
Sally and team are having a stonking month and this week Sally promoted to Senior Stylist! Well done Sally & team x
Angela Key (Wales)
Well done on your online Trunk Show this week Shelly, over 800PQV and rising, love it! x
Whaoh!!!! New mum Lucy is storming November with over 2600PQV already, well done Lucy! x
Vicky has always been a power seller and this month is no exception, hurrah for your sales which are already over 4500PQV x
Jen and her team are working really hard for lots of different goals and promotions this month. Whilst supporting her team Jen has also had an incredible sales month with over 3700PQV already! Well done Jen x
Sarah has already held 10 trunk shows this month and I've lost count of the number of events she has done and is doing, your hard work is paying off Sarah, with new Stylist Roz joining you this week and sales over 4900PQV. Uh-mazing!!!!!! x
Louise Wilson (N.Ireland)
Congratulations on double promoting to Associate Stylist!!!
You are having a cracking November!
Well done Louise xxx
Help me find our Rockstar Stylists!
If one of your Stylists or fellow-stylists has done something amazing this week, no matter how big or small, let me know! It's not just about results either, effort plays a big part in success. Email email@example.com with the title 'Kudos' or send me a Facebook message x
Promote to Star Stylist for the first time and join us at the STAR SPA DAY!!!!
Join me for festive fun and recognition, we will be going through how to book sell and sponsor whilst socialising over the festive period as well as how to fill up your January diary x
Director Summit - January
For Associate Directors and above.See Stylist Lounge for more info, Star Stylists reaching certain criteria are also welcome.
Head Office Training This Week
This Week's Call Recordings:
The more you read the more you know, the more you learn the more you grow...
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown (focus on the right things!)
- The Flip Flop CEO by Janine Finney and Lory Muirhead (understanding Direct Selling)
- What the Most Successful People do before Breakfast by Laura Vanderkam (secrets of early rising)
- Positive Intelligence by Shirzad Chamine (as used by all S&D staff including Jessica Herrin - it helps you to identify and manage internal saboteurs)
- Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy (excellent time management tips)
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Go for No by Richard Fenton (learn to overcome hearing No)
- Energy Bus by Jon Gordon
- Build it Big by DWSA (real stories from top industry leaders)
- 168hours by Laura Vanderkam (in depth life time-management)
- Be a Recruiting Superstar by Mary Christensen (learn to sponsor!)
- Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
Let me know any suggestions you have too!
and finally... remember, anything can happen this time of year... just try!
Get in Touch!
If you have a story worth sharing, let me know! I love to hear what you are getting up to...
Also, if you have a Stylist on your team who deserves a mention in our next newsletter, please let me know, include their name and a bit about why/what they have done.
Welcome to Stella & Dot!
I am a mum of three school age children, this is my second business in this industry, I joined S&D when we launched in the UK in 2012 when my previous jewellery company closed down, I have been in the biz for about 6 years. When I first started I had babies, toddlers and another job, and to be honest, I joined to get discount on my wishlist! however after my first party, I knew that this was what I wanted to do, so I made a plan with my sponsor and quit my job within 6 months and have never looked back. I still work part-time and do about 6 parties a month.
I live in Surrey, I'm married to the very patient Mr P and I survive on black coffee and gin.
I look forward to meeting you soon!
DIrector & Independent Stylist
Connect with your Sponsor
It's important to be honest with your sponsor about what you want from your business so that she can offer the right level of support.
During your Jumpstart period (your first 60 days) we recommend having a quick chat once a week with your sponsor.
Not on Facebook? You're missing out!
I use this Facebook page to do give-aways and share important information as it happens. it is also a useful forum for you to ask questions and share tips.
Even if you don't want to use Facebook for your personal life, you really need to use it for communication purposes within the team and wider Stella & Dot community.
Add me as a friend and I'll add you to the group: www.facebook.com/michele.porter1
Attend a Monthly Meeting (every month!)
Stylists who regularly attend a monthly meeting have much stronger businesses and are more likely to have longevity. Without connecting with other Stylists doing the same job, it's very hard to get motivated and inspired. Also, it's more fun together!
See Forthcoming Events above, if we aren't holding one in your area, there are many other Directors and Leader-led meetings all over the country. Search under events in the Tools & Resources/Stella & Dot University part of the Stylist Lounge or website to find yours.
If there isn't one, then tell me!! I am working with Head Office to get the nation covered.
Stella & Dot University
Spend a good few hours in your first week watching videos and familiarising yourself with SDU.
Head Office Training Calendar
There is a weekly New Stylist Training call you can dial into with Sam Walpole, our UK Training Manager.
Find this on the Stylist Lounge, it not only shows what training and support is taking place, but also has recorded archives of training calls. I download these as mp3's and listen to them on my phone or ipod in the car or around the house.
If you want be successful and earn more money from your business, you need to go to Hoopla.
We have the best, game-changing training, not to mention cocktail parties, team parties prizes, dancing and FUN!
CEO & Founder Jessica Herrin, Chairman Mike Lohner, Chief Creative Officer (heads up Design Studio in NYC) Blythe Harris and VP of Global Training Danielle Redner will be there, they are each so inspiring and motivating, but when they get together, great things happen!
Tickets will go on sale a few months beforehand.
Tickets usually cost about £150 and include products to the same value in our goody bag. S&D negotiate a good hotel rate for us and Stylists usually share rooms to keep the cost down too.
Next Hoopla: June or July 2016 tbc