District Weekly Updates
February 28, 2020
The Incredible Jaguars
Academy for Urban Leadership Charter is the 2019-2020 NJCSAL Boys Basketball Champions. The team defeated Marion P. Thomas Charter School, Monday, February 24, 2020, at the Prudential Center - Newark, NJ.
AUL Charter Boys Basketball Upcoming Schedule
March 2 1st Round of States
March 4 2nd Round of States
March 6 Semi-Finals
March 9 Section Championship
Happy National School Social Worker Week
Social Workers provide a vital role to students, administrators, teachers, educators, parents, and the community!
“Beacon of Hope: School Social Workers – Lighting the Way” is the theme for School Social Work Week 2020. School Social Workers are able to light the way, emphasizing the whole child, collaborating with other professionals, linking students and families with needed services. Let’s remember to thank our Social workers, Ms. Charles and Ms. Leonardo this week!
International dinner in pictures
Now accepting 2020-2021 applications
Let's Get Stepping
Please join us in Week 6!
Using an activity tracker, register your steps daily on the attached link https://www.aulcs.org/Page/1554#calendar2556/20200117/month
- Click on the date on the calendar and register to log in your steps daily by 11 pm
HR will communicate the winner based on the highest weekly steps. (see attached flyer & photo of winner)
Did you know?
· The average American walks 3,000 to 4,000 steps a day or roughly 1.5 to 2 miles.
· Walking for regular activity can help reduce your risk of these common health problems
o Heart disease
o High blood pressure
How to include more steps in your day
· Take the dog for a walk. If you don’t have a dog, volunteer to walk dogs at an animal shelter. Or combine your activity with social time by joining a friend to walk his or her dog.
· Try music. A bouncy tune or something with a strong beat can make activity more enjoyable and help motivate you to walk farther or faster.
· Include the family. Instead of an afternoon movie, go for a walk or a hike together.
· Go in person. Instead of sending a work email, walk to your colleague’s desk.
· Walk while waiting. Take a walk instead of sitting when you’re early for an appointment or waiting for a flight.
· Schedule workday walks. Put reminders in your calendar for short walking breaks to ramp up your energy through the day. Have a one-on-one meeting? Plan to walk and talk.
· Park farther away. Choose parking spots farther away from the entrance. If you take a bus, get off a stop early and walk the rest of the way.
· Take the stairs. Even going down the stairs counts as steps and burns calories.
How far will you go today? Your goal will depend on your starting point. But nearly everyone can reap the benefits of walking more, step by step.
Barclay Street Campus
Science: Virtual lab
GoGuardian Digital Learning Teachers of the Week
Here are the top users for the week of February 24-28, 2020
What is digital learning?
Digital learning is any type of learning that is accompanied by technology or by instructional practice that makes effective use of technology. *Data not available*
Urban Leaders 21st Century Community Learning Center
- Monthly Field Trips to Colleges & Universities, Liberty State Park, Thomas Edison Museum and New York City Historic District Tour.
- Fashion Design
- American Sign Language
- Art and Dance
Dinner and Snacks included daily
Calendar of Events
National School Social Worker Week
Monday, March 2nd, 7am to Friday, March 6th, 4pm
612 Amboy Avenue
Perth Amboy, NJ
Hispanic College Fair field trip, sponsored by guidance department
Wednesday, March 4th, 8am-2pm
HISPA Presentation at HS
Tuesday, March 10th, 8:15-11:15am
612 Amboy Avenue
Perth Amboy, NJ
When the school first opened in 2010, it did not have the books, tables, or classrooms necessary for students to be in an adequate learning environment. Even the principal, at the time, had to serve as a lunch aide. Since then, AUL has developed to help students receive the education they deserve. AUL has expanded by opening two new campuses, expecting to provide the opportunity for students to continue to succeed, with graduation and college admission, as two of its goals.
AUL offers an advanced academic track and AP courses.
AUL Mission: To employ an educational design and experience that merges the highest standards of academic excellence while fostering convictions and commitment to social and economic justice.