Why Choose TPCA for High School?
Weekly Look Into the Heart of Traders Point High School
Online Courses: Part I
What is the most prevalent misconception about our online courses?
Traders Point faculty teach every course that students need to graduate with an honors or general Core 40 diploma as certified by the Indiana Department of Education (IDOE). Online courses are in addition to courses required for graduation; an added benefit of attending Traders. Many private schools say they follow state graduation guidelines, but they do not grant a diploma with an IDOE seal as we provide.
Why does Traders Point offer online courses?
- Our online courses are all fully accredited (ACSI, AdvancEd, NCAA) and fully integrated with biblical truth, including the AP courses.
- Students experience high-level rigor and course relevance in taking high school, Advanced Placement (AP) or Dual-Credit courses (that provide both high school and early college credit).
- They have an expansive list of course options that a school our size could not normally offer without increasing teacher workload or adding more learning space. They may take Just about any course they would want or need that is not already offered here.
- Traders pays the online course fee for up to one course in grade 10, two in grade 11 and three in grade 12. Courses can transfer to most universities. With proper planning, students could graduate from Traders Point having earned from one to three semesters of college credit. This saves your family thousands of dollars in future tuition expense.
- We can maintain our personalized learning philosophy by allowing students to take courses meeting their future goals within the school day with our faculty providing a blend of instruction and guidance.
- They gain vital experience in time management and personal responsibility before college or joining the work force. This is one of the biggest factors in future college success.
- Research shows that it is best practice for students to experience at least one online course while in high school. Colleges are incorporating more online instruction to reduce costs, and post-grad employment will certainly require online professional development as students continue to be lifelong learners.
- Online courses are very popular with our students. This semester alone they are taking over 50 different courses through various partner colleges. They enjoy our teacher guidance combined with rigorous content, self-paced learning and breadth of course offerings.
Each week we send you this enews sharing one tidbit about our classes, student and graduate accomplishments, facility updates, faculty bios - anything we think will help you to know WHY you would choose Traders for your child's high school. We already know and love your child and have built a program that is intentional about their academic and spiritual growth. What better place for them to become wise and fully prepared to fulfill God's plan for their life!