A weekly newsletter that celebrates CMHS students and staff
The Carver Chronicles is a newsletter designed to share and celebrate all of the great learning activities, extra-curricular events and awesome accomplishments that happen every day at Carver Middle High School!
Follow the CMHS Twitter hashtag!
Make sure to use the hashtag #thisisCRusADERNATION when tweeting about
Carver Middle High School students, staff, clubs and events!
5 Things you may not know about... Mrs. Genovese
- She started teaching high school students by painting murals in Boston neighborhoods with the Boston Youth Clean-Up Corps
- She was the first female to "drop-in" on the vert ramp at Skater's Island in RI
- She and her husband honeymooned in the Azores where they kayaked into a volcanic crater!
- She has a beautiful daughter named Josie, who refuses to let mom color with her but shares her passion for painting. Josie's stuffed animals asist her with coloring.
- She travelled to Albuquerque to study at Tamamrind Institute in training to become a master printer.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Matt Ralston
- Name: Matt Ralston
- Grade: 12
- Favorite class: Lit and Psych
- Hobbies: Working out, family time, outdoors stuff
- Favorite movie: Remember the Titans
- Favorite TV show: Spongebob, The Office
- Favorite artist: Tupac, Bill Withers
- Favorite sport: Football, Crossfit
- Favorite food: Chicken! (Every way)
- Accomplishments: Crusader Award recipient 2019
- Career interests: Major in business and exercise science. Personal training certification busines
- Pets: 2 Golden Retrievers: Jack & Finn, Bearded Dragon: Yoda.
Ms. Griffin coordinated a "virtual choir" for one of the songs her students had been working on in chorus. The students each recorded their part on their own, and then it was edited it all together!!
Congratulations to Ms. Wilson and Ms. Bishop who graduated from American International College, earning their Master's degree. A group of teachers surprised them with some gifts and a small parade!
Congratualtions to Mrs. Farrar, Director of Food Services, on her retirement.
Mrs. Feeley presented Mrs. Farrar with a 2020 yearbook which included this wonderful dedication.
Mrs. Farrar was very appreciative or her gift.
COMMUNITY SERVICE opportunities
Sophomores & Juniors:
The residents of Cranberry Village have invited us to help with an outdoor cleanup of their Clubhouse (75 Cranberry Rd.) this Sat (5/30) @ 10am.
Participants would help rake, pick up sticks, and possibly help with weeding.
Great chance to get out in the fresh air, help with a community project, and interact (at a safe distance!) with classmates & residents. I hope to participate.
Should last from 10:00-1:00 (could end earlier) and you'll earn 4 HOURS.
Participants should wear gloves and bring their own water and snacks. If you have a rake and a mask, bring those too while extras will be available.
Please let me know if interested so I can ensure numbers are manageable, and so I can let you know if postponed.
Hope to see some of you Saturday!
Current sophomores are now being eligible to start accruing community service hours!
NEW SCHOOL MOTTO CONTEST
Remember, our next challenge for the students of CMHS is to come up with a new motto to replace, "thisisCRusADERNATION!" for the next school year.
The winning entry will receive one of these new dry fit t-shirts.
We have already recieved a few entries and will announce the winner in a few weeks!
Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
The athletic department is happy to announce that Jen Wilson has been named CMHS’ new varsity girls soccer coach. Jen has been a physical education teacher in the MS for 3 years. She joins our current JV girls soccer coach, HS math teacher Vanessa Haen.
Congratulations Ms. Wilson!!!
Take this time to continue searching for the perfect college and/or career! Check Jupiter Ed email for college search links and resources!
Take advantage of any online learning opportunities from teachers. This is a great time for educational enrichment in all subject areas. Check Jupiter Ed, check Google Classroom, read books, write in a journal, practice your skills!