Sample Student Products
Addressing SBEC Standard V
In other words....
The NEISD District Improvement Plan requires Elementary students to utilize technology for a minimum of 9 hours each 9 weeks including in the computer lab, in learning stations, in pull out groups, on collaborative projects, and in other creative formats using the available classroom tools.
The district is requiring one of the student products representing one of the times the TA TEKS were addressed be submitted to your evaluator during or prior to your summative.
Where do I find the TEKS?
Examples of Teachers Addressing Standard V so far this year
Shared writing using a google Drive document
Students used the classroom ipads to login in to a shared Google Drive document and took turns contributing to the story. The teacher then commented on their writing and they made revisions. Other tools students could use for collaborative writing: PowerPoint, Punultimate App, a Smartboard or slate
Here's a how to on getting students logged in and sharing a Google document:
How does this address Standard V?
Standard V is being addressed because this is a writing lesson with the Technology applications TEKS integrated into the lesson.
- 4.15 B develop drafts by categorizing ideas and organizing them into paragraphs.
- 4.15 C revise drafts for coherence, organization, use of simple and compound sentences and audience
- Draft, edit, and publish products in different media individually and collaboratively,
- Use font attributes, color, white space, and graphics to ensure that products are appropriate for multiple communication media, including monitor display, web, and print;
- Collaborate effectively through personal learning communities and social environments;
Popplet Lite App
These 4th Graders are working together to make a web. They can take photos of their own pictures or things around them and add them to their web, or tpe in their own text.
- In science: to explain a process,
- In Writing: pre-writing
- In Reading: reading response in reading pull out groups.
How does this address standard V? Students explain their thinking with this app, making it a good app for assessing mastery of content TEKS.
- Identify information regarding a problem and explain the steps toward the solution;
- Collect, analyze, and represent data to solve problems using tools such as word processing, databases, spreadsheets, graphic organizers, charts, multimedia, simulations, models, and programming languages;
- Evaluate technology tools applicable for solving problems.
For the 1st grade example below:Content TEKS
- Math 1.3 The student applies process standards to develop and use strategies for whole number addition and subtraction computations in order to solve problems
Math | Educreations
Educreations is a community where anyone can teach what they know and learn what they don't. Our software turns any iPad or web browser into a recordable, interactive whiteboard, making it easy for teachers and experts to create engaging video lessons and share them on the web. Students can replay these lessons any time, any place, on any connected device. We're on a mission to dramatically improve student achievement by extending the reach of great teaching.
One more idea - Writing and the ShowMe App
Student Task Card - http://goo.gl/lKpUcz
Student task Card in Spanish - http://goo.gl/dcuoIx
Teacher Directions text only - http://goo.gl/hCZyM7
Teacher Directions with screenshots - http://goo.gl/SC4jfh
How does this address Standard V? The students are using the technology to meet the content and TA TEKS regarding publishing a finished, edited product listed below.
- ELA 4.17 Writing/Writing Process. Students use elements of the writing process (planning, drafting, revising, and publishing) to compose text.
- Draft, edit, and publish products in different media individually and collaboratively