Mrs. Roberts' First Grade News
This Week November 3rd - November 7th
Reading/ Language Arts
- Reading Comprehension- Main Idea "Big Idea"
- Reading Groups
- Making Inferences
- Phonics -ee / -ea
Fry Sight Words:
now down call
- Addition/ Subtraction Story Problems
- Addition/Subtraction Fact Families
- Counting forwards and backwards at any number up to 50
Forms of Energy - CONTINUED
The student is expected to identify and discuss how different forms of energy such as light, heat, and sound are important to everyday life
Different forms of energy give us the power and ability we need to do different things.
There are different forms of energy including light, heat, and sound.
Humans use light, heat, and sound energy in everyday life.
There are many common everyday objects that produce light, heat, or sound energy. Light bulbs help us see, stove tops allow us to cook and heat objects, and televisions give off sound, light, and heat energy.
What are some different forms of energy?
How do we use the different forms of energy in everyday life?
What are some common objects that produce energy and how do they help us?
- Understanding Economics
- 11/5- 11:40am Early Dismissal- Parent/Teacher Conferences. See information in folders Monday.
- 11/24-11/28- Fall Break No School
- istation- Your child can log in and play the fun learning games that are specific towards their area of needed growth. Please do NOT allow your child to take the assessment piece at home. This will take place at school in the computer lab. See the log in information that was sent home in report cards.
- Raz-Kids or Readers
- Practice basic math addition facts