Is bottled water really better?
HISTORY AND OPINIONS.
Bottled water has been around for almost a hundred years to be precise about 1835 or so and has been contaminating our earth since. Many people say plastic is like a disease that won't stop spreading. But other people believe that there is nothing wrong with bottled water because the lead levels are lower, and it's convenient, just grab and go! There is a down side to bottled water which the UNC researchers prove that more and more bottles wash up on our beautiful beaches which means more crude oil is being used than needed. So say no to bottled water for the safety of you and the environment!
PLASTIC BOTTLES ARE BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT!
- Plastic doesn't decompose so animals can and will eat the bottles that were thrown on the ground. Scientists believe that 100,000 marine mammals are killed by plastic bottles and over 500,000 are injured a year by plastic bottles.
- Only 1 in 6 bottles are recycled which means that landfills will grow to an immense size. From plastic bottles we have an extra 1.5 million tons of plastic thrown away!
- When people throw bottles in the ditch which flows to rivers that flow to the ocean and from there end up on our beaches.
BOTTLED WATER IS EXPENSIVE!
- People usually spend about 350 dollars a year on bottled water. Also, if you were to do the math water is 10 dollars a gallon and gas is 3-4 dollars.
- If you could lay down all the bottles you used in a year it would stretch for a mile maybe even more!
- The world spends about 6 billion dollars on bottled water a year which is good for the manufacturers but not for us and the environment.
TAKING UP CRUDE OIL!
- Scientists who study in geology prove if we keep using crude oil to make bottles we only have 43 years of it left!
- All the oil that is used for making bottled water is enough to keep 1 million cars on the road for a year.
- If you would fill a water bottle almost halfway up that would be how much you would need to make just one bottle.