May 6 -Volunteer Breakfast 8:15 am
May 7 -Dress Rehearsal for Drama Club
May 9 -Teacher Appreciation Week
May 10 -PTS meeting 7 pm
May 11 -Drama Club Cast and Crew
May 12 -Kindergarten celebration 8:15 am in cafeteria
-2nd grade field trip to Farm to Pizza 9:30-1:15
-Drama Production at the FCHS 6 pm
May 13 -1st grade celebration 8:15 am in cafeteria, School Spirit Day
May 16 -Field Day 9:30-11:30 for grades 3, 4,5
-Field Day 1:00-3:00 for K, 1, 2
May 17 -Honor Roll Ice Cream Social 3:50-4:20
May 18 -5th graders visit Middle School West
May 19 -3rd grade celebration 8:15 am in cafeteria
-5th grade field trip tp SEway Park 9:50-1:45
-Music and Movement Night 6:30 pm in gym
May 20 -2nd grade celebration 8:15 in cafeteria
-2nd grade 500 race right after celebration
-5th grade field trip to NIFS 9:50-1:00
May 24 -4th grade celebration 8:15 in cafeteria
May 25- 5th grade celebration 8:15
-1st grade visit from Silly Safari from 1:30-3 in LGI room
-Last day of school -dismissal is at 3:50
A limited number of yearbooks are still available for $15.00 in the office. Cash or check only please.
Wednesday May 25
This is not an early release day, Dismissal is at 3:50.
Check out some of the summer camps being offered this summer.
From the nurse...
Important Med Pick Up Reminder
If your child has medication in the school clinic, all medications are required to be transported to and from school by the child’s parent or guardian. Please feel free to start picking medications up now when you stop by the school for end of year events (at least the medications your student keeps for an as needed basis). As the school year comes to a close I want to remind you that all medications will need to be picked up by 4:00pm the last day of school (May 25). Any medications left in the clinic will be discarded and will not remain in the clinic. If you have any questions please call me at 860-4289.
Parents of 5th Graders:
Students need additional immunizations when they enter 6th grade. The Indiana State Dept. of Health's additional required shots are Tdap, and MCV4 for all 6th grade students. Please contact your student's doctor as soon as possible to schedule an appointment before school begins in July 2016. If your student is already 11 years old and has had these immunizations, please send a copy of the updated shots to the clinic. Even if your student will not be 11 before the beginning of 6th grade, the required shots are due prior to 6th grade. This is a change from when Indiana State Dept. of Health accepted the student waiting until their 11th birthday. This year they will be due prior to 6th grade. If you go to the appointment, please bring a copy of updated shot record by my clinic so I can add the updated record to your student's medical file which will be forwarded on to the middle school.
MCHD has appointments and walk in clinic hours, and the cost is $15 regardless of number of immunizations needed. The closest MCHD office is located at 505 E. National Ave, and the phone number is 317-221-5700. If you have questions or need a copy of your student's shot record you may call me in the clinic 317-860-4289 to arrange to pick up a copy or have a copy sent home.
Next Year Health Form Information
As we draw this year to a close, I want to share some quick information about next year. Each year at the beginning of the year several health related forms come home. Next year at the start of school, we will send home several forms for completion. One form is the permission to treat form which gives me permission to see your student in the clinic if they have a health need during the day. Another form which will come home is the health concerns form. This form is to alert me to any health issues your student has been diagnosed with by their medical provider.
If your student is diagnosed with asthma, each year an asthma action plan should be completed by the student's doctor and turned into the clinic at start of school year. The asthma action plan form can be found at http://webdb.ftcsc.k12.in.us/sites/default/files/FCHS/AsthmaManagementPlanFinal.pdf .
If your student is diagnosed with a seizure disorder, each year a seizure action plan for should be completed by the student's doctor and turned into the clinic at start of school year. The seizure action plan form can be found at http://webdb.ftcsc.k12.in.us/sites/default/files/FTCSC/HS/Seizure%20Action%20Plan2013.pdf .
If your student has a life threatening food allergy that has been diagnosed by a medical provider, each year your student will complete a food allergy emergency care plan. The first year you complete these forms, there are several to complete http://www.ftcsc.k12.in.us/FS/50/ . Once your student is in our system, the doctor will just complete a food allergy emergency form yearly http://webdb.ftcsc.k12.in.us/sites/default/files/FCHS/FARE%20FAAPMay2014.pdf . Take the form to student's medical provider for completion, return form(s) to school clinic with needed medication prior to start of school. Doctors’ orders are necessary for diagnosing and in order to alter a USDA school meal. The first year these forms come to school the processing of this paperwork may take up to 10 days. For the safety of your student, please send your student’s lunch during this 2 week period, until all paperwork and medical orders are received. Thank you for your understanding. All of these forms can be found on the district website as well. The asthma and seizure forms are found on district website select district office select health services select forms on left hand side of page. The food allergy emergency care plan is found on district website select district office select child nutrition select life threatening allergies management from left hand side of page.
I am alerting you to the asthma action plan, seizure action plan, and food allergy emergency plan, so you may have those completed by your child's doctor prior to the beginning of school. Kids frequently have yearly checkups in the summer, and most doctor's office will complete these during appointments free of charge, so I would like to save you money and hassle by alerting you to the need now. If you have any questions regarding any form, please phone me in the clinic to discuss (317)860-4289 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . I am out of the office during our summer break, but I return several days prior to beginning of school.
Next year, the policy for medication will be the same. If your student has a medication that is needed for asthma, food allergy emergency plan, seizure disorder, or any other health need, the parent needs to bring the medication to the clinic and sign a permission to give form. If it is an over the counter medication, it must have the dosage medication specific to your child's age. If it is a prescribed medication, it must be current and have the prescription information on the package.
Have a great summer- stay safe and healthy!
Sponsored by: Student Council
Kids helping kids
Monday May 2nd-Friday May 6th
Dear Parents and Students,
Adams Elementary Student Council’s Final Service Project of the year entails collecting items for Franklin Township’s Fast Track Program. Fast Track provides backpacks, basic school supplies and community resources to students in Franklin Township that need assistance. On Saturday July 16, 2016 over 1,000 Franklin Township Community School Corporation K-12 students are expected to attend the 9th Annual Fast Track event!
Beginning Monday May 2nd and continuing through Friday May 6th, Adams Elementary Student Council is asking each grade level to donate certain items for the Fast Track Service Project. The items per grade level are listed at the bottom of this page.
This is a great way for us to give back to our community and help those that need assistance. Please help us make a difference by contributing the items listed below that correspond with your child’s grade level. Thanks so much for your support!
Adams Elementary Student Council
Kindergarten: Glue Sticks
Grade 1: #2 Wood Pencils
Grade 2: Highlighters (any size or color)
Grade 3: Pocket Folders (with or without fasteners)
Grade 4: Loose-Leaf Notebook Paper (college or wide rule)
Grade 5: Pens (blue or black ink ONLY)
Information for Next School Year
Please join us on July 25 for the Ice Cream Social and Back to School Night.
- 6-7 meet the kindergarten teachers and learn about your classrooms. Then you may go to the cafeteria for ice cream and socializing.
- 7-8:30 1st grade though 5th grade will have an opportunity to see their classroom, meet their teacher, and enjoy some ice cream. There is no set time to visit your classroom. Teachers will be there to meet you and hand out information about their classroom. We encourage students to bring their school supplies this evening and place them in your desk.
School is back in session July 27th. This is an early release day, Students will be dismissed at 3:20
More information about next year will be mailed over the summer.
Adams Elementary PTS Meeting Minutes
April 12, 2016
· President: Brook Blumb
· Vice President: Courtney Moore
· Secretary: Adriane Geoghagan
· Treasurer: Vacant
· Corresponding Secretary: Jill Puckett
Recording Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the March 8, 2016 meeting handed out.
· Income to Date: $18,212.75
· Expenses to Date: $12,746.43
Student Council Representatives:
· “Dress Like a Superhero Day” on March 22nd raised $117.58 for Franklin Township’s Fast Track Program which provides school supplies, book bags and access to support services for qualifying Franklin Township residents.
· Next fundraiser is the Kids Helping Kids Service Project which will involve collecting items for Franklin Township Fast Track. Information will be sent home later. The collection will be held the week of May 6th.
Teacher Representative: None
· ISTEP is here again! We start the multiple choice test on Monday. These will be done on the computers. Please make sure students are well rested and have a good breakfast.
· We are looking forward to the Spring Fling on Friday night. Don’t forget to stop in at the Book Fair sometime during this evening.
· Midterms will be posted on Friday, April 29th.
· IREAD results will be sent to me next week.
· We have several field trips coming at the end of April and in May!
· 5th graders will visit MSW on Wednesday, May 28th.
· Mrs. Hoots is our Teacher of the Year! Congratulations to her!
· Our Drama Production is on Thursday, May 12th at 7pm at the high school.
· The Music and Movement Program is Thursday, May 19th at 6:30pm in our gym.
· Celebration days are all at 8:15am on the following: May 12th Kindergarten, May 13th First, May 20th Second, May 19th Third, May 24th Fourth and May 25th Fifth. May 25th is also the fifth graders day of celebration!
· The Volunteer breakfast is a 8:15am on Friday, May 6th.
· Our last day of school is Wednesday, May 25th and it will be a full day!
· Fall Fundraiser: None
· Dad’s Club: No movie night this year, but will try for next school year.
· Box Tops: Another submission will be made before the end of the school year.
· Room Parent Coordinator: None
· Spirit Shop: Using the same company for next year. Designs have been picked.
· Concessions: All set for the Spring Fling. Still need chairperson for next year.
· Yearbook: Yearbooks were given to teachers to hand out on Monday.
· Spring Fling/Silent Auction: Final preps underway.
· Staff Appreciation: Secretary Appreciation is this Friday. Teacher Appreciation lunch will be May 12th. All items need dropped off by 10:30am that morning.
· Sunshine: April is out. May and June complete.
· Santa Shop: None
· Rewards & Receipts: None
· Fundraising: All events are planned for rest of school year. See the calendar of events.
· Mother/Son & Father/Daughter Dances: None
· Family Fun/Run Walk: None
· Breakfast with Santa/Craft Fair: None
Old Business: None
· Still need to fill these positions for 2016-2017 PTS Positions: Treasurer, Recording Secretary, Concessions and Fundraising
· Anyone available to help at Spring Fling afternoon/night?
· Book Fair is this week. Volunteers still needed.
· April 15th: Secretary Appreciation Day
· April 15th: Spring Fling
· April 18th-27th: ISTEP
· April 19th: Ella’s Yogurt Fundraising
· April 26th: Art Show 5:30-8:30pm. Volunteers needed, contact Miss Timmons)
· April 29th: Wheels of Wonder Skating Party, enter between 5:30-7:30p.
· May 9th: Teacher Appreciation Week
· May 10th: PTS Meeting
· May 12th: Teacher Appreciation Lunch
· May 12th: Drama Club Production at FCHS
· May 25th: Hot Box Pizza Fundraiser
· May 25th: Last Day of School – NO EARLY RELEASE!!
Other Notes or Information: If you can stay, we will be doing some Spring Fling prep when the meeting ends.
Attendance Award: Neifert
Next Meeting: May 10, 2016