By: Mitchell Harrison
- Donatello was born in Florence, Italy 1386
- Donatello spent most of his life in Florence, Italy where he was born and died
- Donatello's birth name is Donato di Niccolo di Betto Bardi but as a young age he got the nickname "Donatello"
- At a young age Donatello became an apprentice under a local goldsmith where Donatello learned metallurgy
- Donatello was a famous sculpture still known for his David
- Some of Donatello's work include David, The Crucifixion, and Virgin and Child
- Donatello's Patron was the Medicci family
"David" by: Donatello was created between 1430-1440
"The Crucifixion" by: Donatello was created between 1460-05
Virgin and Child
"The Virgin and Child" by: Donatello was created in 1456
"Donatello." International Dictionary of Art and Artists. Gale, 1990. Biography in Context. Web. 18 Nov. 2014.
"David and Jonathan." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 24 Oct. 2014. Web. 18 Nov. 2014.
"The Crucifixion by DONATELLO." The Crucifixion by DONATELLO. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2014.
"National Galleries of Scotland." Virgin and Child − Giovanni Da Pisa (School of Donatello) − G − Artists A-Z − Online Collection − Collection −. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Nov. 2014."Donatello." International Dictionary of Art and Artists. Gale, 1990. Biography in Context. Web. 12 Nov. 2014.