Speak Up, Reach Out.
Suicide Prevention by Odessa Hemmersbach
Warning signs of having suicide.
- Non Verbal
- Lack of energy
- Withdraw from family, friends and social actives
- Drop in grades
- Giving away possessions
- Extreme sensitivity
- Personality changes like apathy or moodiness
- Neglected or dramatic change in appearance
- The want to run away
- Irrational behavior
- Drug and Alcohol use
- Violent Actions
- "I wish I were dead."
- "If such and happens, I'll kill myself."
- "I'm going to kill myself."
- "Nobody needs me."
- "My family would be better off without me."
- "I just can't go on any longer."
Where can you go/ talk to?
Definitely tell someone like a close friend that you trust. Talk to your mom/dad. Or even your school counselor, psychiatrist, doctor or the hotline provided above. These people will help you will any problems that you have. Telling someone might even relive your stress that you might have.
How can you help?
Suicide can be prevented in many ways. Make sure you show you care for them. Get the person professional help. Show empathy and talk directly to them. Really stress the nature of why suicide is bad. Tell them suicide is not the answer to their problems. DO NOT keep it a secret, you need to tell an adult right away.