Parent Teacher Student Association
Welcome to the PMHS PTSA newsletter. Here’s a quick look at what’s happening now.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
· May 2, 2019 — PMHS Honors Night
· May 3, 2019 — Rock for the Earth
· May 21, 2019 — Meeting and Public Vote on 2019-2020 Leaders
· May 23, 2019 — Last student day of school
· May 24, 2019 — Graduation commencement (6-8pm)
PTSA MONTHLY MEETINGS
The PMHS PTSA meets once a month at 6:30 p.m. in the principal’s conference room.
(Each meeting lasts about one hour)
· May 21, 2019 (with public vote)
WHY JOIN PTSA?
We’re glad you asked. Joining the PMHS PTSA is one of the easiest ways to support our teachers, staff, students and families. Our goal is to help create a community where teachers and staff can do their best. With your membership, you’re providing more opportunities for students to learn, develop leadership skills and have fun together.
You may be thinking, “That’s great and all, but what’s in it for me?” Again, we’re glad you asked. Here are six PMHS PTSA perks:
5. The inside scoop. You learn more about what’s happening inside your high school, straight from the decision-makers.
4. Helpful resources. The Indiana and National PTA offer a multiple of programs for parents and students, all available to you when you join.
3. A new network. PTSA meetings and events are great ways to meet other people from our school community and share ideas, concerns and experiences.
2. Skill development. Our PTSA always needs people like you. Put your skills and hobbies to work for the PMHS community.
1. Input and feedback. As part of the PTSA, you have an effective way to share ideas, provide input and suggest changes at our school.
Big THANKS to the 127 parents, teachers, staff and students who have joined the PMHS PTSA already this school year! If you haven’t yet turned in your membership form and dues, it’s not too late!
Annual dues are:
· $10 for adults
· $5.25 for students
Go to the Parents section and click “PTSA.”
Student membership form: http://www.perryschools.org/ph/wp-content/uploads/sites/22/2018/09/Student-Membership-Form-2018.pdf
FLOAT YOUR BOAT!
The PTSA Float Your Boat Regatta was a great evening for all in attendance on April 5th. Winners were Team AFM- 1st place, Team SOS- 2nd place, and Class of 2021- 3rd place.
SEEKING PTSA LEADERS
Our PTSA is seeking individuals who may be interested in serving on our leadership team beginning next fall. Several of our parents and student leaders are graduating PMHS, opening up opportunities on our board. On May 21, 2019, the PMHS PTSA will host a public meeting to vote on our 2019-2020 board slate. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Parent volunteers are needed to sell prom tickets and to support our end-of-year PTSA staff breakfast. If you’re available on any of the dates and times listed below, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
· PROM TICKET SALES: April 29–May 10, 10:15 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
· STAFF BREAKFAST: Friday, May 24, 6:45 a.m.—food donations and volunteers are appreciated. Thanks in advance for supporting the teachers and students of PMHS!
PARENT’S GUIDE TO INSTAGRAM
Being a parent has perhaps never been more challenging. Not only do we have to have “The Talk,” we now have to help our kids navigate the complex, multidimensional world of social media. To support conversations between parents and teenagers, the National PTA worked with Instagram to produce a practical guide. Click here for this free resource: