March 3, 2023
HIGH SCHOOL UPDATE:
· Progress Reports for the 3rd Quarter for Grades 8-11 close today and will be emailed out next Tuesday. Please reach out to your child's teacher if there are concerns or questions.
· Here are the dates for MCAS in March. Please make sure your student is in school on these particular dates as the MCAS test is a state requirement.
o 3/28-3/29 - 10th ELA
o 4/11-4/12 - 8 ELA
o 5/2-5/3 - 8 Math
o 5/16 - 5/17 - 10th Math and 8th Science
o 6/6-6/7 - HS Bio
Updates to School Calendar previously changed this year.
· Wednesday, March 22 is a 1/2 day of school for Staff Professional Development
· Wednesday, March 29 is a full day of school due to state required MCAS testing.
Class of 2023 (Seniors)
· Planning is underway for all Senior Events. Seniors have been notified of the date changes for their quarter grades to close as they get out of school earlier than other students. Information will be coming soon about dates for Graduation, Prom, Class Trip, Exams, Last day of classes and a few other things.
· Please make sure you are speaking with your senior about their grades, attendance and finishing the year strong.
· They also need to stay on track with their attendance. Any student who misses more than 7 days of classes that they have for the semester or more than 14 days for classes they have for the year will lose credit.
· There is no guarantee of Credit Recovery or Attendance Buy Back happening before graduation.
· Any senior who does not meet academic and/or attendance requirements will not walk at graduation.
· The Class Advisor is Mrs. McDonald. Any questions about Dues or Community Service, please contact her directly. email@example.com
· Spring Sports registrations will be coming out soon. Students will receive an email from Mr. Morse our Athletic Director.
· Congratulations to the Boys' Basketball team who qualified for the State Tournament for the first time in school history. Despite the loss to The Academy of the Pacific Rim, they played hard and had a great season.
“Families with MassHealth Need to Renew Coverage: Families with MassHealth need to renew their coverage this year in order to maintain coverage. Coverage protections put in place during the pandemic will end soon, and MassHealth will return to standard annual eligibility renewal processes. Please help inform MassHealth families that they need to take the following steps:
· Update contact information – make sure MassHealth has their most up-to-date address, phone number, and email so that they do not miss important information and notices about what else is needed.
· Report household changes to make sure MassHealth knows about any changes in their household, like a new job, address, changes to income, disability status, or pregnancy.
More information is available on the MassHealth’s Redetermination website, and school leaders can help spread the word with this Redetermination flyer, poster, and toolkit.”
Have a great weekend! #GoBears
High School Principal