Plants and Animals
Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration
The Process of how Organisms get the energy they need
2. This sugar is sent through the plant for its cells to use
3. The sugar that isn't used is stored somewhere in the plant EX: roots, stems, leaves, etc
4. Animals then eat the plants or plant eaters in order to obtain their energy.
5. Both plants and animals break down the sugar into the form they can use, in order to release its stored energy in a process called cellular respiration.
Process of Photosynthesis
1. Chloroplasts in the leaf traps sunlight/ light energy.
2. Water and minerals absorbed by the roots from the soil, flow up through the stem and enter the leaf.
3. Carbon Dioxide produced by animals enters the plant through the leaves.
4. Light energy, water and minerals and carbon dioxide mixed together to make sugar/ food (glucose) for the plant.
5. Sugar leaves the leaf and moves to different parts of the plant.
6. Oxygen leaves the leaf, through the stomata.
7. Oxygen enters the animal.