AEB Weekly 4/2/18 to 4/8/18
W. Charles Akins High School Band - Austin, TX
UIL Concert & Sight Reading Contest is this week! Please check the newsletter carefully for information.
Last Chance to Order a Dallas Shirt!
More images available at the link!
As of this newsletter we need 5 more orders for the shirts to be made and sent!
Winter Guard Showcase and 2018 Marching Show Reveal
Monday, April 9th, 8:30-9pm
10701 S 1st St
Following those performances, stick around for the release of the trailer for the 2018 Marching Band Production!
Events, Announcements, and Information
Detailed Itinerary & Information for Dallas Trip Coming Soon
- Put the Mandatory Trip Meeting on your calendar for Monday, April 16th from 7:30pm to 8:30pm.
- All students who are traveling to Dallas must be in attendance with a parent or legal guardian. There are no exceptions to this requirement. Students who do not attend with a parent or legal guardian will not be permitted to travel.
- Students must pass all classes the 5th 6 Weeks in order to travel. This is a Texas UIL rule and there is nothing that can be done to regain eligibility in order to travel. According to the travel company, no refunds can be given. This is a ETA Tours & Adventures policy and not an AEB policy. Directors or Akins admin will not be able to help with this.
Purchase Yankee Candle Company Candles All Spring - Earn Money for AEB to Fund Clinicians
This week we will hand out catalogs and information on our sale so you can support your band program by selling candles for the next couple of weeks.
The money earned from this sale will help pay for clinicians for the spring semester. Everyone is asked to participate!
Please direct your friends and family to the AEB website where a picture will allow them to purchase!
Unpaid Band Fees Reported to Akins Front Office & Obligation List
Any unpaid band balances are being reported to the Akins front office for addition to the AHS Obligation List. Students who have a reported balance on the Obligation List are not able to attend prom, receive a diploma, etc.
This is a “last resort” action in order to ensure that all families are taking care of their financial obligations in order to keep the program funded.
Please make any payments ASAP and the obligation can be cleared with the front office.
Earn Money for Your Band Fees, Trip Payments, and Lessons
There are always shifts available and we are already needing people to work!
- Saturday, April 14th - Wind Symphony at Dallas Winds Invitational - Meyerson Symphony Center, Dallas, TX - All Day
- Monday, April 16th - Mandatory Trip Meeting for All Dallas Travelers - Akins Band Hall - 7:30pm to 8:30pm
- Tuesday, April 17th - Paredes Solo & Ensemble Festival - Paredes MS - Times TBA (After School)
- Thursday, April 19th through Saturday April 21st - Spring Band Trip - Dallas, TX
- Thursday, April 26th - The South First Groove Spaghetti Dinner & Concert - Akins HS - 7:00pm to 10:00pm