2018-19 GenNET ITV Course Info
Preparing for the 2018-19 GenNET ITV School Year
2018-19 GenNET ITV School Underway
Scheduling for the 2018-19 GenNET ITV School year continues with the start of the new school year just around the corner. Use this one-stop location to access necessary information to meet the needs of students for advanced level courses, electives, world languages and more!
Click on the topic bars below to access information and forms to make requests for GenNET ITV courses the 2018-19 School Year as a sending or receiving site today!
Course descriptions for all GenNET ITV courses listed on the scheduled for the 2018-19 school year.
Each student must be enrolled individually for 2018-19. Questions, call 810-591-4962
Students at local districts should complete this application to request participating in GenNET ITV courses during the 2018-19 school year.
After students have been accepted to participate in GenNET courses for 2018-19, students and parents need to sign and initial this contract.
The course-process timeline outlines key dates and expectations for 2017-18 as well as planning ahead for the 2019-20 School Year.
Counselors and administrative teams are encouraged to share this flyer with students as scheduling for next year gets underway this winter.
Blended Learning Sending Site Options for GenNET Districts
A sending site district is able to include up to ten (10) students in its ITV classroom and send to up to three (3) additional sites with 6-8 students at each site. Sending sites provide textbooks and materials for students at receiving sites just like they would for students in a traditional classroom.
This blended learning option is a win-win for local districts sending courses. Tuition is charged for the daily live interaction with teachers based on rates set since the beginning of the GenNET ITV Program. The fee structure and "what's included" are:
- $450 per student from the receiving sites, per semester.
- $475 for students at receiving sites outside of GenNET.
- No tuition charge for students at sending sites.
- Technical and instructional support provided by the Genesee ISD.
- Courier service available at beginning, middle and end of school year
- All HS sites include upgraded FAX/SCAN/PRINT equipment for ITV instructors, and students to use each day during class.
All students are enrolled in a learning management system (LMS). Having this to accompany each course allows students to stay on track, even when away from the classroom.
For more information about becoming a sending site, contact Technology and Media Services at the Genesee ISD at 591-4436, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits for students enrolled in GenNET ITV Blended Learning Classes
- Students suggested by their high school counselors are able to take classes not offered at their home school.
- Motivated students have an opportunity to become independent and collaborative learners, as well be self-directed learners under the guidance of their GenNET Teacher who they interact with every day.
- High school students can also take higher education courses offered by Flint-Area colleges and universities.
- Students throughout the state can share the experience of highly qualified, fully certified teachers and college-level instructors.
- ITV courses are the perfect blend with the use of a learning management system which also qualifies for student as an "online learning experience" credit for graduation.
- Students experience first-hand new communication techniques to qualify them for future employment.
- Students have the opportunity to interact with and make new friends and colleagues throughout the State of Michigan.