Napa Valley EA News
Representing NVUSD Teachers, Counselors, and Nurses
March 4, 2020
- March 6th is the final day to turn in voluntary transfer request to have consideration before non-district employees. Although there will not be many, a few voluntary transfers will happen.
- If you are returning from a leave of absence you must notify the district by March 6th.
- Intent to improve forms need to be turned into HR by April 11.
- On-line voting for Redwood Region NEA-RA representatives needs to be completed by March 13th. If you did not recieve the email from email@example.com please let Gayle know and she will have them send you a link.
- NVEA Representative to CTA State Council nominations are currently open. If you are interested in running for this office, please let us know by March 20th. Your Site Rep has more information.
- NVEA Social at Napa Sport on March 20th.
There is a meeting with all NVEA members who have received a notice on March 19th in the Board Room at the District Office. CTA Attorneys will be there to check paperwork and prepare those members for a hearing with the district and an administrative judge.
Corona Virus Precautions
Here is a link to NEA's information.
NVEA/NVUSD Committee Work
We discussed staffing allocation changes impacting HMS, ACHS, New Tech and Valley Oak. There has been communication and engagement with staff and parents to support the sites with these transitions.
A proposed MOU was approved to clarify the current practices around Stipends for Learning Leaders at Middle School.
Guidelines for adjunct duties were presented to the council. One item requires further research. It will be revisited at the next meeting.
Suggestions for improvement of next year’s implementation of the CPGP were discussed as well as support for finishing year one.
A follow-up communication to the Resolution to Reduce Particular Kinds of Service will be sent out to members prior to the distribution of March 15th notices.