NCVPS Visual Arts I Newsletter
Weekly Info About Our Year Long Art Class - Week 20
Hello again! Here's what's been going on in Art Class and what's coming up this week:
Happy Martin Luther King JR Weekend! I hope everybody made it through a tough exam week and are ready to get back on track. Because you all are not in school on Monday and had exams, I wanted to give you a little bit of flexibility in your Module 9 due date. It is now due Wednesday night @midnight. I'll open up Module 10 on Tuesday so you can take a look at it. It's a fun one as we are about to get our hands dirty with collage!
Just another reminder that your grades were turned in to your schools last week. You can still look at all the individual assignment feedback and see your 1st and 2nd quarter averages. Everybody has a clean slate for the 3rd quarter and I have high expectations for your performance this time around. You can do it!
Supplies for Module 10
- sketchbook (or unlined drawing paper at least 9" x 12")
- Thick paper like cardstock or index cards for making tessellations in Module 9.
- Collage materials such as: magazines, photographs, string, sequins, bottle caps, receipts, concert tickets, candy wrappers, etc.
- Markers or colored pencils
- digital camera (or phone, tablet, or iPod with camera) (webcam if you're really desperate but they're not ideal)
If for any reason you are having trouble gathering these materials for class, please contact BOTH me and your ELA at your school. We both want you to have access to everything you need to be successful in this class.