The Paw Print
Volume 9 October 23, 2020
Message from Mrs. Erenstoft
Today ends the first nine weeks of school, and we could not be prouder of our Surfside Family. If I had to sum the entire quarter up in one word, it would be resilience. We successfully reopened our school in the midst of a pandemic and have worked diligently each day to provide the very best education to our students. Our faculty and staff have adapted to new procedures, ensuring that everyone is safe and healthy. Students have taken to the new requirements with ease. We continue to be impressed, below are a few key numbers to help sum up our first nine weeks, as well as some tips as we continue on this journey. Below are some numbers to sum up this first nine weeks.
- We have educated 442 proud Panthers.
- We started with 117 e-learners, and as of this week, we are down to 68.
- In the cafeteria, we served 3,445 breakfasts and 5,443 lunches.
- Our staff opened a second lunch location to ensure that students are safely socially distanced while eating.
- To date, we have raised $997.50 on the Save Around Fundraiser. You can continue to buy books if you would like to.Thank you for your support!
- Surfside welcomed back over 20 chickens, five ducks, two roosters, two turkeys, two goats (temporarily) and one Elmer (tortoise). And a partridge in a pear tree....
This school year is challenging, but our staff continues to rise to the challenge. I could not be prouder of our teachers and staff. They remain positive and focused on the success and well being of our students. They are the backbone of this school, and remain strong because of the unwavering support of the Satellite Beach community. I would encourage you or your student to write a note or draw a picture for a teacher or staff member, letting them know that they are appreciated. Daily they rise to the occasion, conquering new obstacles, all for the benefit of our kids. Please join us in thanking them for their dedication and guidance.
I continue to be humbled to serve as your principal. I'm thrilled to get to work with your kids on a daily basis. Our theme this year is, "One Team, One Heart, Surfside Strong." We may not be able to have visitors or volunteers on our campus yet, but we know we are supported by our community and families. Thank you for your continued support, flexibility and grace as we navigate the unique school year.
It is Red Ribbon Week!
Save Around Fundraiser
Our SaveAround Fundraiser Is Ending Soon
Dear Parents, Family and Friends,
Thank you for helping spread the word about our SaveAround fundraiser.
We have about a week left to hit our fundraising goal!
Don’t forget, SaveAround has editions all over the country and can help you or someone you know save thousands of dollars.
To support our fundraiser, contact one of our group members to purchase a physical book or click this link to buy your book: https://www.sapaynow.com/79146
You can also simply share this link with family, friends, and colleagues through email or social media!
PTO Silent Auction
October 23rd - Kick-off
PTO Silent Auction
Bidding starts - today! Log onto https://makemeviralmarketing.com/shop to bid on theme park tickets during our silent auction. Since we did not have the Backyard BBQ in the spring due to COVID-19, we had some amazing tickets leftover. PTO is auctioning these off in hopes that we can raise funds to continue to support the school. We have already upgraded teachers’ computers (around $1,200) and funded classroom supplies ($1,700 so far).
This auction will allow PTO to continue to support our students and staff for the remainder of the school year. Items up for grabs are:
Kennedy Space Center Tickets (4)
Brevard Zoo (2)
Universal Studios two-park, one-day passes (2)
Sea World Orlando (4)
Take advantage of the short lines at the theme parks and bid today! Auction closes at 9AM on November 9th.
Important Dates and Reminders
- The end of the first quarter is October 23, 2020
- PTO Silent Auction October 23 - November 9
- Save Around Fundraiser ends on October 30
- Report Cards will be posted on October 30
- Veterans Day is November 11, 2020 - Holiday for All
Sales Surtax Renewal
Clinic Quarantine Information
Students who go the school clinic and show any symptoms of Covid-19 will be sent home and required to quarantine for a period of ten days. The list of symptoms can be found below.
Students may return to school sooner if they meet the following criteria;
1. A medical release from your child’s doctor clearing them to return to school OR
2. A negative viral Covid-19 test (must be a PCR, not a Rapid Antigen test) AND
3. No fever (100.4 or greater) for at least 24 hours without medication
· Fever greater than 100.4
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Muscle or body aches
· New loss of taste or smell
· Sore Throat
· Nausea or vomiting
Surfside Elementary School
Surfside Elementary School provides a safe and positive environment where high quality education occurs for all students.