S'More Math Please!
Registration for Session 3 is now in Progress
Session 3 begins on January 9th
The goal of this program is to promote mathematical excellence, learning, and problem solving skills in small group after-school tutoring sessions. Each student will receive small group instruction, interactive teaching, a support community, confidence, enjoyment, and results. Each of these components is essential to developing a strong mathematical student with a love of math.
About the Tutoring Sessions
- Lessons and activities designed to align with classroom curriculum
- The goal of each session is to strengthen number sense and reinforce daily math lessons. Tutor works directly with classroom teacher to review material covered in class and prepare for upcoming tests and projects
- Hands-on activities and small group instruction
- Emphasis on problem solving and using the bar models
- Small group tutoring sessions (maximum of 5 students) assigned by grade
Creating a LOVE of Math while having FUN
- Taught 5th grade at PLP for 4 years
- Over 10 years of teaching experience
- 80+ hours of training in Math in Focus Program
- Multiple years experience teaching the Math in Focus Program
- Email me with any questions by clicking the link below
Information about sessions
- Each class will meet twice a week (12 sessions) and continue throughout the school year following the Enrichment schedule for After 3 @ PLP
- You can sign up to meet on Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday
- There will be one make up class at the end of the session for students who were absent
- You can sign-up for sessions at Orgs Online. Click the link below.