Changes for 2018-2019 School Year
The FEA (FAPS Teacher's Union) and the Fenton Area Public Schools administration have been working together since September to create a new schedule and calendar by the December 1st deadline set forth by the agreed upon contract. Both groups made a commitment to our Board of Education, and our FAPS families, to deliver a new schedule by the deadline so staff, parents, and students could begin understanding what the AGS and FHS schedules will look like next year. I want to thank both the teachers and the administration for their collaborative efforts in this difficult process.
While the process was certainly not an easy one, both sides maintained a sense of urgency to make sure we kept the students best interests in mind. Scheduling at both the high school and middle school will begin on time and we can move forward knowing our new staffing structure and calendar is in place. Please click the button below to access the daily schedule and the 2018-2019 school year calendar.
More information will be sent via the building administrators and will be communicated with the school communities as we approach the student scheduling process for next school year.
Dr. Adam Hartley
Strategic Planning in Fenton Area Public Schools
Your Voice Matters!
This survey is one way data will be collected. Stakeholder focus group sessions will be held and each building will be participating in a S.W.O.T. Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats).
Check out the Strategic Planning website for up to data reports on the feedback and next steps.
Responses as of December 8, 2017
Board Packet for December 4, 2017
- Performance by The Ambassadors - Mr. Brad Wright
- Honor Fenton Chamber of Commerce Teacher of the Year Nominees - Dr. Adam Hartley
- Honor Fenton Chamber of Commerce Teacher of the Year Award Recipient - Dr. Adam Hartley
- Presentation on Eidex Software/Dashboard - Dr. Adam Hartley
8.1 Motion to approve Annual Summer Tax Resolution - Dr. Doug Busch
- Annual Summer Tax BAR and Resolution
- Letters to City of Fenton, Rose Township, Fenton Township, Tyrone Township
- Motion to approve nomination for Lynn Hopper to run for MASB Region 5 Governance Board - Dr. Adam Hartley
Board Reports, Requests, and Announcements
- Organizational Board of Education Meeting, Monday, January 8, 2018
- GCASBM Holiday Gathering, Dec.14, 5:30 p.m., Zehnders of Frankenmuth
- Strategic Planning Update
- Metro league Fall Letter All Sports Trophy
District Adds Data Dashboard to Website
You may click the button below to view the dashboard and also find the dashboard link under school links on the front page of the FAPS website.
Severe Weather/Road Condition Days
If (and when) we must cancel school due to severe weather and/or road conditions, please keep the following in mind:
- We will try our best to cancel school before 6:00 a.m. This is when our buses leave for the first run.
- If there are athletic team practices in the morning before 6:00 a.m. (i.e. swimming) we will try our best to inform coaches and players before they leave their homes.
- There will be times where your road may be plowed and in good shape but other roads within our district are not. Decisions are made to make sure all of our families are safe.
- I will use the student information system to email and call our families to inform them school is cancelled.
- The cancellation will be posted on our website, Facebook, Twitter and various television/radio channels.
- Cancellation of athletic events/practices will take place later in the morning and may vary depending on the distance of the event and the road conditions.
- I will not be posting a video like this on YouTube!
Dr. Adam Hartley
What did you miss this week?
Happy Holidays from FAPS
We have much to be thankful for and enjoy working with our families to educate all learners so they succeed at achieving their goals.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,
Dr. Adam Hartley