Jobs for DAWGS
November - Alumni Career Services
UGA Alumni Career Services
- Join the UGA Alumni Association Group on LinkedIn
- Download our free Digital Career Guide for iPad
- Enter for a chance to win an iPad Mini!!
- UGA Virtual Networking Hour: Top Bulldog Cities - Tuesday, November 17th
- WEBINAR: How to Make the Most of Holiday Networking: Wed., November 18th
- WEBINAR: Career ReLaunch: Get Started Again on the Right Foot, Thurs., December 10th
- Full and Part time Positions
- Yonder: Path Your Career Service
- Additional opportunities with: CATMEDIA, LG, Women in Film & Television Atlanta, Gwinnett Technical College, English Open Doors Program, and Hire Heroes USA (Opportunities for Veterans)!
- Government and Non-Profit Positions
Career Fairs & Networking Events
- ADPR, Social Media Bootcamp, Nov. 18th
- Save the Date- UGA Spring Career Fair, Feb. 3rd
- Book an Alumni Career Counseling Appointment
- Jewish Family & Career Services Employment Workshop Series
- The Iron Yard Atlanta, Software Engineering/Design Courses
- Recorded webinar: Assessing Your Interests to Research Careers
UGA 2015 Graduates - This is YOUR chance!
Complete the UGA Career Outcomes survey and let us know what you’ve done after graduation.
Your results will help current and prospective students learn about job opportunities, as well as help UGA with external ranking organizations and accreditation purposes. We hope that you will consider completing this survey!
UGA Virtual Networking Hour: Top Bulldog Cities
Tuesday, Nov. 17th, 6-7pm
This is an online event.
Do you live in one of these locations below or long to move to one of these top bulldog cities? Join us to connect with students and share your experience in these cities. It's a great opportunity to provide UGA students with some insider tips about various job markets and new opportunities.
- Dallas-Fort Worth area
- Charlotte area
- Chicago area
- Los Angeles area
- New York area
- DC-Baltimore area
WEBINAR: How to Make the Most of Holiday Networking
Wednesday, Nov. 18th, 12-1pm
This is an online event.
The holidays are filled with family gatherings, seeing old friends, and the dreaded question: "How is your job going?". For others, the dreaded question may be: "What do you intend to do with _____?". This can be a time of anxiety, but it can also be a time for some great networking. We will discuss how to focus your responses to these tough questions, how to communicate how others might help you, and how to connect with your existing network of family and friends to network your way into a new opportunity. Join over your lunch break to hear some great tips!
WEBINAR: Career ReLaunch: Get Started Again on the Right Foot
Thursday, Dec. 10th, 12-1pm
This is an online event.
Our leader, Hallie Crawford, is a certified career coach and founder of www.halliecrawford.com.
Click here to register!
Log into DAWGlink to apply!
DAWGlink #71063, Account Manager/Director
Optimal Strategix Group
DAWGlink #71353, Associate Auditor
Oxford Industries Inc.
DAWGlink #70018, Business Advisory Services Intern
DAWGlink #70627, Business Operations/Hospitality/Upper Level Management
Chick-fil-A - Snellville, GA
DAWGlink #71003, Conservation Corps Crew Member
Rocky Mountain Conservancy (Estes Park, CO)
DAWGlink #71021, Entry Level Business Management Program
DAWGlink #70781, Fulfillment Analyst
DAWGlink #70414, Paralegal/Legal Assistant
Baker & Slider, LLC
DAWGlink #71216, SEM Analyst
SimplePart; Triple Threat Software
DAWGlink #70864, Talent Recruiter
Success Academy Charter Schools
DAWGlink #70652, Weekend News Editor (4607)
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- To apply, visit the Associate Teacher page on the Beauvoir website. Click here to view the program brochure.
Southern Teachers Agency is hiring K-12 Teaching Jobs for Education, Arts & Science Majors!
- Teacher certification is not necessarily required.
- To apply, go to SouthernTeachers.com
Financial Analyst- Bilingual- Alabama
LG is hiring!
Parts Analyst II- Bilingual- Texas
LG is hiring!
Accountant/Accounting Manager- Bilingual- Alabama
LG is hiring!
Volunteer Teacher Opporunity in Chile
English Opens Doors Program is seeking volunteers!
Veterans: Hire Heroes USA pg. 1
Veterans: Hire Heroes USA pg. 2
GOVERNMENT & NONPROFIT
CALL TO SERVE CAREER GUIDES
Are you interested in pursuing a career with the federal government? Need information and resources to provide the best advice and strategies for success for your particular areas of interest? The Partnership for Public Service’s Go Government career guides are now online and a great resource for students to see how their major could translate into a job in the federal government.
Social Media Bootcamp, Nov. 18th
Wednesday, Nov. 18th, 9am-4pm
3475 Lenox Road Northeast
Gain a competitive advantage, by mastering the art of social media marketing. This hands-on seminar includes case-studies and interactive exercises to reinforce the information learned. Through lecture, real-world examples and discussion, class participants will have a well-rounded understanding of how social media marketing can be used for businesses, for their job, and even for career advancement.
Registration of $199 per person. A special discounted $99 seminar rate is available to UGA students and alumni.
The One-Day Social Media Business Boot Camp was created as a collaborative effort between the Department of Advertising and Public Relations in the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communications and GRM, a marketing and brand-building agency in Atlanta.
UGA Spring Career Fair
Wednesday, Feb. 3rd 2016 at 12-5pm
300 North Thomas Street
With over 200 employers, this is a great opportunity to network!
Make a Career Counseling Appointment through DAWGLink
**Do not use GOOGLE CHROME as a browser. The appointment function will NOT work.
The Iron Yard Atlanta, Software Engineering/Design Courses
The Iron Yard Atlanta is offering a $1000 scholarship to members of the UGA Alumni Association to attend one of their immersive courses in software engineering or design at their Downtown Atlanta Location. Enrollment is still open for their next course in Front End Engineering, starting June 29. From those looking to dip their toe into the world of software to those who want to dive deep and find a fulfilling job, there's a place at The Iron Yard. The options on their course pathway meet you wherever you're at and guide you to the next step of your journey. Read more at:
Alumni Webinar: Assessing Your Interests to Research Careers
* All UGA Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
You may leave the list at any time by sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the following text as the body of the e-mail: SIGNOFF ALUMNICAREERS (Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.)
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE BELOW, IT WILL NOT WORK.