PEMBROKE HIGH SCHOOL
TERM 2 REPORT CARDS:
COURSE SELECTION for 2023-24:
All students in grades 9-11 will soon begin to select their courses for the 2023-24 school year. Here is an overview of our Course Selection Process.
- Feb. 1-28 - Throughout the month of February, teachers will begin to make course recommendations for students for next year.
- Feb. 15-17 - Students will attend grade-level Course Selection Assemblies during Titan Time. This is a chance for them to hear from our content supervisors about course offerings, especially new offerings, as well as important information about our Pathway Programs.
- Feb 15 - 9th Grade Assembly
- Feb 16 - 10th Grade Assembly
- Feb 17 - 11th Grade Assembly
- March 2 - our annual Program of Studies evening. Please join us in the Randall Auditorium from 6:30-8:30 p.m. for an overview of our Course Selection Process as well as our course offerings/Program of Studies
- March 7-10 - Junior course selections in Guidance Seminars during Titan Time
- March 14-17 - Sophomore course selections in Guidance Seminars during Titan Time
- March 21-24 - Freshman course selections in Guidance Seminars during Titan Time
HOPE BEYOND HOPE:
Hope Beyond Hope is a women's sober living home in Weymouth. Thanks to the PHS PTO and Pembroke Titans Against Drugs (PTAD), Pembroke High School is pleased to welcome residents of Hope Beyond Hope to our school to speak to our students about the signs and dangers of substance use and about their road to recovery.
Our guests will speak to our juniors and seniors on Wednesday, February 8 from 10-11 a.m. and then again to our freshmen and sophomores on Thursday, February 9 at that same time. Students will miss 18 minutes of C-Block (10-10:18 a.m.) with the rest of the presentation occurring during Titan Time.
I would like to offer a special thanks to Mrs. Karan Little, who has served as our liaison of sorts with Hope Beyond Hope. She has done extensive work with the organization, including bringing our Girls' Volleyball team there to volunteer and meet with the amazing women at Hope.
PPS Roundtable Series # 3: TECHNOLOGY
PPS Roundtable Series # 3: TECHNOLOGY
For the last several months, Pembroke Public Schools has hosted a series of Roundtable Conversations for families to share their experiences and ideas related to some of our focus areas for this school year.
Each roundtable has an afternoon and evening opportunity for parents/caregivers to participate, so please select the time that suits your schedule.
The third roundtable will focus on the topic of Technology.
We are specifically seeking feedback on the District Technology Plan
Meeting Dates/Times: February 1, 2023, from 5:30-7:00 PM, and February 2, 2023, from from 1:00-2:30 PM.
Meeting Location: North Pembroke Elementary School
We look forward to hearing your feedback.
Pembroke SEPAC Meeting at 7PM
Pembroke Public Schools
Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
Monday, January 30th, 2023
Hobomock Elementary Library
Introductions / Brief review of purpose of SEPAC for any new attendees
• Director’s Update
• Family Support Group- next date
• Mental Health Resource Fair Update
Spring schedule planning
PHS Multicultural Club
PHS Student Council
Jen Birolini, who scored her 100th career point as a member of our Girls' Ice Hockey
Massachusetts All-State Choral Festival
Girls' Indoor Track and Field
Class of 2023 Update
The yearbook is happy to announce that we are collecting the following for graduating seniors.
Please only limit your submissions to the following categories:
-youth sport photos (up through age 13) and
-baby pictures (up through age 4)
Please make sure each picture is renamed with your senior's first and last name. Unfortunately, we may not be able to include photos that are not properly labeled.
Photos should be uploaded to the following link: https://images.jostens.com/03nx4y1Pr-TKFmcp9f58pdw.
The deadline to submit photos is February 9th.
Thank you so much!
Jessica Lazarus and Rachel Kirtley
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
- 2/1 - PHS Solo Ensemble Concert (PHS Randall Auditorium 6:30 p.m.)
- 2/8, 2/9 - Hope Beyond Hope Assemblies
- 2/10-2/12 - PHS Thespian Troupe Winter Plays (PHS Randall Auditorium 6:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. on 2/12)
- 2/14-2/17 - PHS grade level Course Selection Assemblies
- 2/20-2/24 - February break
Thanks, all. Please do not ever hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns about these or any other matters. Have a great weekend.