Bright Beginnings Buzz
Happy December! Christmas is coming fast and furious! Are you ready? Remember the reason for the season and prioritize. It's ok to focus on the most important things and let other things slide. Make those memories while you still can...children grow up way too fast! :)
We are looking forward to a fun December! :) We will have our very own Christmas Concert for the preschool aged children. We will be learning about the reason for the season, the legend of St. Nick, and having festive class Christmas parties. Please read on for more December news.
Fruit of the Spirit: Peace
Peace involves resolving conflict...both within and with others. Jesus is known as the Prince of Peace!
Bible Verse: "For a child has been born for us" (Isaiah 9:6 )
Our little ones have really been enjoying Children's Church with Pastor Amy! :) During the month of December, Pastor Amy will review our bible verse, talk about what it means to have "peace", and teach children about Jesus' birth. We will be singing fun songs including "Awesome God" and also collecting our change for the children in Africa.
Special days to be aware of:
December 4th- Festive Family Fun Night
December 7th - Breakfast with Santa and Holiday House
December 7th - 13th - BOOK FAIR in the Music room during drop off and pick up. It will be open during the Christmas programs as well.
December 9th - Christmas program for the PM classes (6 & 7 p.m.)
December 10th - Christmas program for the AM classes (6 & 7 p.m.)
December 10th & 12th - Children's Church
December 13- MOVIE NIGHT - Dr. Seuss' The Grinch
December 17, 19, & 20 - Christmas parties (information will come home with your child)
Monday, December 23 -Friday, January 3rd - NO SCHOOL for Bright Beginnings and Kindergarten Exploration. ACE available for registered students only.
Monday, January 6- School resumes
* Conferences will begin this month and will go through January...please check with your child's teacher to see when their conferences are scheduled.
Session II - Ends the week of December 9-13.
Session III- Registration will begin in January. The first class will be the week of January 13th and will go through the week of March 2nd.
A new registration form and class description will be out during the registration week. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Please see the price sheet below for session II information.
Our preschool classes will perform their Christmas programs on December 9th and 10th. The performance schedule is as follows:
Monday, December 9th
- Miss Debbie P. & Miss Maegan's PM Stepping Stones class
- Miss Katie & Miss Joni's PM Stepping Stones class
- Miss Meghan & Miss Cheryl's 2 day 3's PM class
- Miss Carolyn & Miss Heather's 2 day 3's PM class
- Miss Carolyn & Miss Lauren's 3 day 4's PM class
- Miss Debbie C. & Miss Kelly's 3 day 4's PM class
- Miss Kerry & Miss Amy's PM Stepping Stones class
Tuesday, December 10
- Miss Meghan & Miss Angela's 2 day 3's AM class
- Miss Kerry & Miss Cheryl's 2 day 3's AM class
- Miss Katie and Miss Joni's AM Stepping Stones class
- Miss Laura & Miss Gina's 3 day 3's AM class
- Miss Kerry & Miss Amy's 3 day 4's AM class
- Miss Debbie & Miss Maegan's AM Stepping Stones Class
This years concert theme is "Celebrate Jesus' Birthday!"
December 3rd - 10:00 Table Talk - Holiday Traditions
December 4th - 6:00 Festive Family Fun Night - Decorating gingerbread houses!
December 10th -10:00 Stocking Stuffing for the Children's home
December 17th -10:00 Table Talk - Taming the Entitlement Dragon
Special Event in January - C.P.R. training.
It's one of those things that all of us say "I need to do that" but somehow never get around to it. Make it a priority, it can save the life of someone you love! We will provide dinner and the class. Join us to learn life saving information from C.P.R. instructor Angie Maciukiewicz. More details to come, so stay tuned!
Festive Family Fun Night
Join us for some good old fashioned family fun on Wednesday, December 4th! For $15 per family you can have dinner (Pizza) and decorate a gingerbread house. We will display them in the lobby for the following week and our pre-school families and church members will vote on their favorites by dropping coins in a box. The donations will go towards the SCAC (Springboro Community Assistance Center)! Feel free to invite friends! Please see the following link to register!
Breakfast with Santa and Holiday House
Stocking Stuffers for The United Methodist Children's Home
Picture Retakes are now online!
- Prayers of joy for the Hatch family on the addition of Tripp and Tate to their family!
- Continued prayers of healing for Hanna M. as she recovers from another surgery.
- Prayers of joy for the Jolley family on the birth of baby Mason! Please pray for healing as he arrived early, but is doing well!
- Unspoken prayers for peace and healing.