Ms. Culp's Kindergarten Newsletter
Read to see what we're learning in room 3!
I hope you are all doing well! I will be contacting all of you Monday or Tuesday to check to see how everything is going. I miss seeing the kids each day and hope we will be back soon!
- I am so excited to hear how everyone is doing. I am going into school in the morning to get somethings together. I miss seeing the kids so much!
- Please don't hesitate to e-mail me if you have any questions or need anything! This is a learning experience for all of us!
- A second packet will be coming home soon. Please know we don't want you to feel overwhelmed, but we do want to provide you enough materials to help your child continue to stay academic focused during this time. If you have questions about anything that has come home, please reach out to me and I will be happy to help. Don't feel like you have to complete everything.
- The Cincinnati Zoo will have a Facebook live event daily at 3pm on their website featuring an animal as well as an activity the kids can work on.
- Author Mo Willems has an event daily at 11am with an art activity as well as information on how to write books at www.kennedy-center.org/education/mo-willems
What we should be working on...
- Read Read Read
- Practice reading everyday
- Retell stories, talk about the characters, what happened in the story
- Practice writing stories
- Stretching out words
- Write a correct sentence with: using punctuation, capital letter at the beginning and spaces
- Work on writing first and last name with correct spelling and letter formation
- adding numbers within 10
- writing numbers 1-31
- counting to 100 by 1's and 10's
Lunch pick up at PT
If you need lunch for your child, Pioneer Trail is a location for the district to pick up meals through the car rider line Monday-Friday from 11:30-1:00. If you need food and can not make it here, please let me know and we will get it delivered to your house.