Stay IMPformed!!! Volume 1: 8th Edition
Staff Submitted Shout-Outs.
- Major shout-out to to all the ladies in the front office (Ms. Johnson, Ms, Beaver, Ms. DeYarmon, and Ms. McGrath)! They are like the 4 "Big Mama's" of our family. They are always seeing to it that everyone is taken care of! They each wear many hats and are women with many skills!!
- Big shout-out to Ms. L Davis for using the Bloomz app to stay connected with her families. Ms. Davis says the best thing about Bloomz for teachers is that it is so easy to message parents. I don't have to search any spreadsheets or Powerschool for emails, since I can message directly on there (and check if they have viewed the message). Parents have also said they love it because they get immediate updates on the app. You can also use it like Class Dojo with awarding points. I've put a few awards in there for kids, but haven't gotten parent feedback, so I am not sure if it is something where they are immediately notified or they need to look for it. You can also use it to upload documents (syllabus, pictures, etc).
- Shout-out to the PTSO for creating this Thanks a Leaf tree. If you want to thank a work family member please get a leaf from Ms. Beaver fill it out and add it to our thankful tree. Can't wait to see our tree full of fall leaves!!!
If you have a shout-out you want included in the newsletter please send it to Ms. Robinson!
MMS Staff Trunk-or-Treat!
When: Friday October 28th @ 3:45
Where: Back Parking Lot of MMS
**Please RSVP by email to Erin Buda with the number of kids trick or treating. Also, any staff members who would like to hand out candy please let Erin know! Ms. Hamilton will be there with the snow cone machine also!! Lets make this an awesome event for our kids!!
MMS 2016-2017 Book Study
School-wide Tardy Policy
Starting October 17, 2016, we will begin implementing the following tardy policy. Mr. Jones will share this information with all students through our morning news show. Teachers please go over this information with your students as well.
- 1st Tardy- Verbal warning from Teacher
- 2nd Tardy - Verbal warning from Teacher
- 3rd Tardy- Teacher-Student Conference with Teacher call to parent
- 4th Tardy- ASD with Teacher call
- 5th Tardy and Beyond- Office Referral
- Tardies to class reset to zero at the beginning of each quarter
- Begin on 10.17.16
Misc. RedImp Imformation
- This year we will NOT have a late night parent conference. Instead we have extended the conference window from November 12th- November 21st. Please use this Conference Document to keep track of conferences. This document will also help others to know when conferences are happening the building.
- Please be sure you are emptying your front office mailbox on a daily basis.
- First round of observations are in process. Please remember that you are only evaluated once a year (during your summative), these observations are just s snapshot of where you currently are this year. During your post conference your administrator will review your individual EVAAS report with you.
- Leave your lunch bag at home (but bring your wallet) on November 7, 2016. The Smokey J's BBQ Food Truck will be on campus. The prices range from sandwiches ($5) to plates which include 2 sides($10). They basically offer, pork, chicken, and brisket as the meats and Beans, slaw, Mac and cheese, and chips as the sides. Sunshine Committee will provide school appropriate drinks on this day.
- The MMS MGSD Flu shot clinic will be this Tuesday, October 18th. If you haven't already signed up here is the sign up sheet. MGSD Flu Shot Clinic
Positive Phone Call Home
If you have a student that deserves a positive call home from administration please add their first and last name, grade level, teacher, and reason for the call to this spreadsheet:
Oct 19- staff meeting (please DO NOT bring any technology)
Oct 21- Club Day
Oct 24- Math EOQ
Oct 25-ELA EOQ
Oct 26-Science EOQ
Oct 27-SS EOQ
Oct 27- Staff Meeting
Oct 28-Math 1 EOQ
Nov 2- Leadership Team Meeting