How to Message
in ClassTag--Aquin's New Notification System
Look What We've Learned!
So, we are changing the settings in each class/team. And we have a short lesson below on how you can now message your teacher privately through ClassTag.
As always, we thank you for your patience as we learn together!
Message the Teacher/Coach in 3 Steps via the App
- Open the ClassTag App on your device.
- Tap the gray 'message' icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Type your message and hit send!
NOTE: If you need to message a teacher/coach, but don't have a smart device with the app, you can always email them. All Aquin teacher/coach emails follow this format:
Testing, 1-2-3 . . . Testing, 1-2-3!
- This afternoon we will be sending a 2nd 'test' message via the 'Aquin Alerts' class at 4:00pm.
- If you receive the message, you're good to go.
- If you don't receive the message by tonight, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you connected. Or--if you're a HS Campus parent--I'll be at Open House tonight from 6-7:30pm and we can get you connected then!
Here's How to Join:
- All Aquin students' names were added to ClassTag in the group (class) called 'Aquin Alerts', our emergency notification group.
- Parent email(s) were linked to their student(s)' accounts.
- Students in Grades 7-12 had their Aquin email added to their account.
- All parents and students in Grades 7-12 received a 'welcome' email from ClassTag as shown below. (Students will be referred to as their 'parent' in that email. They need to join as a 'parent'.)
- All parents and students who received emails need to click on the 'Join Now' blue box in the 'welcome' email.
- Follow the prompts and create your account with password.
- Update your account with your cell if you want to receive text messages.
- Download the app if you want to receive app notifications.
- Teachers and Coaches are inviting you to their classes also. The initial invite was only for 'Aquin Alerts'.
- Once you have your account created, you don't have to do it again. You just have to accept invites to the other classes and teams you receive.
- All of your classes and teams will be visible along the left side of the screen when viewing ClassTag on a computer or in the app.
- Sometimes, the class is even visible before you join or receive the invite.
Houston, We Have a Problem!
- We have found that things vary from person to person after clicking to 'Join Now'.
- But many have created their account with no problems and are in the system, so don't lose hope.
- If you have been unable to create your account successfully, you can email email@example.com for assistance.
And all these Ads!
- The ads you see on 'ClassTag' are from the sponsors who make 'ClassTag' free for us to use.
- There is NO OBLIGATION to make purchases in response to these ads.
- Aquin doesn't not receive any funds from any purchases made from the ads.
- Aquin teachers and coaches are able to receive 'Rewards' which can be used on purchases for their classrooms and teams. 'Rewards' are earned each time teachers, coaches, parents and/or students use 'ClassTag'.
(Teacher/Coach) has invited you to join (class/team) at Aquin Catholic School on ClassTag
Click on the 'Join Now' button in the email to complete your account in ClassTag.
Once you join, you will get a welcome email from ClassTag.
Click on 'Get the App' when you're on your device and download the app.
NOTE: Once you join ClassTag, you can manage the email addresses and phone numbers listed with your student(s).
You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or difficulties.