The Bobcat Bulletin
From the Principal's Desk
Welcome back to school, Bobcats!
We have had a great first three days of school. The weather has been wonderful and students and teachers are engaged in the excitement of the beginning of the year. Teachers have been working with students to understand (and remember) the Bobcat Expectations as well as get to know everyone. I hope you have a wonderful long weekend and we look forward to seeing everyone back on Tuesday, September 6.
The GBS Administration will be hosting a monthly coffee/tea hour for parents and community members. These will be on the second Tuesday of each month from 7:30 - 8:15. All are welcome! The first meeting will be on September 13. This will be a chance to connect in person! Don't worry if you can't make it in the morning, we will also be planning other opportunities to connect as the school year gets underway. No need to RSVP - coffee, tea, and a light snack will be available for all!
New GBS staff introduce themselves during Professional Development Days
Math in Action (a new special!) using math to solve real world problems!
Free & Reduced Lunch Application
Children need healthy meals to learn. The Contoocook Valley School District offers healthy meals every school day. Your children are eligible for free meals if any of the following conditions apply:
- Your household’s income falls within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines (see the .pdf in fourth link below).
- Your household receives benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), or the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program.
- Your children participate in their school’s Head Start program.
- Your children are foster children under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court.
- Your children meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant status.
Note: If you qualify this year, or have qualified in the past, please fill out the application as soon as possible. The application has to be renewed annually. To file your family's application — only one application needs to be submitted to cover all children in your household —, please follow these links:
Questions? Please contact Liz Walton at the SAU, either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (603) 924-3336 x2034.
Students playing outside during recess
Arrival and Dismissal Routines
Student Arrival and Dismissal Traffic Flow
(Refer to the image below)
- Buses will utilize the outside lane (closest to AES) and line up in front of GBS.
- Buses will release students at 7:10am
- Cars will form two lanes in the middle of the parking lot and wait for buses to clear
- Once buses have cleared, cars will utilize an alternating pattern (zipper) to form one line and drop students off at the front apron
- The same procedure will be followed at dismissal
- Students will be dismissed to buses at 2:15
- Walkers and riders will be dismissed at approximately 2:18
Open Positions @ GBS
Grade 6 Group Photo
Collaborative math problem solving
Important Upcoming Dates
September 5 - No school - Labor Day
September 27 - Curiosity Cube @ GBS for grades 5 & 6
September 28 - Open House 5:00 - 6:30pm