First Grade Parade
Mrs. Whiteside - Room 214
Daily 5 Progress
GoNoodle Brain Breaks!
Here is a small clip of one of our brain breaks from last week. Click the following link to access the video. For security purposes, I have password protected our videos, so you will need to enter a password to view the video. Our password is "leader". http://vimeo.com/106456115
- Homework sheets are passed out on the first day of the week and always due the last day of the week. Homework is considered incomplete if the back is not filled out with books read during the week. There is no limit set to how many books your child should read, however, it is recommended that they read at least 15 minutes an evening.
- Math work mats that we do each day are practice and not graded for the grade book. We are not always able to complete the back page and I ask them to please complete that page at home in the evening with you to be able to have that extra practice. This is strongly encouraged, but it is not necessary to return it to school the next day. There are days that we get very wrapped up in the lesson and spend more time doing the activities that our work mat entails. If this happens I will not send the work mat home that day because my goal is to come back to it and finish it the following day.
- Please make sure your child uses the restroom before arriving at school.
- The weather is not very consistent at this time. Please make sure that your child has a jacket or sweater to put on for recess or even in the classroom if they are cold. The playground behind the school is almost like a wind tunnel. The forecast sometimes shows that it will "warm up" by afternoon, but it can still remain chilly out there on the playground with the way the wind cuts around back there.
- Library is on Wednesdays. Students are to bring back their books in order to be able to check out new ones.
Classes will not be held due to Teacher Professional Development
Please make sure that your child arrives to school on time, brings a sack lunch and drink (no milk or soda), and is dressed appropriately for weather with tennis shoes.