SOAR RECAP and Important Tidbits
New and Exciting Features Coming in April!
New Features for Designers!
Here is what the following newsletter will recap:
- New Starter Kits
- Who's the Boss- Taking control of your business
- Shipping Options
- Hostess Hoot Loot Program
- Hostess Coaching and New Company Provided Hostess Folder and Handouts
- Intro to new member of the Nest, Darlene Santore, Chief Performance Officer
- New Party Tab
- O2 Connection- Monthly Customer Newsletter (due late February)
- Annu-OWL Conference for July 12-13 at Phoenix Convention Center
- Origami Owl teams up with Rascal Flatts
New Starter Kits-4/16
B. NEW- Supplement Packages- selected groups of charms and tags, different categories that will be grouped together for new designers to be able to select a "Starter" kit but then branch off into a supplement pack already grouped together to save them time from going through and figuring out popular charms or other categories to purchase at start up as well.
***For current designers, because the Supplement Package is something new, when it goes live, current designers will be able to make a ONE time purchase within the first 30 days.
Who's the Boss?- led by Dawn Shea
For continued success BE the boss of your OWN business. The responsibility of how you run your business falls on you, not your mentor, not your friends, on you. Take control of your day and make a plan to stick within that schedule. Even if you don't end up in the gym and just at the parking lot of the gym, thats time you take for yourself and not taking calls during that period. You want to set up business hours, be flexible with them, you know during holidays we all get last minute calls but also learn when to not answer the phone and check that email later.
The following examples of the Perfect Week is when you dedicate at least 10 hours (hobby/part time) or 26 hours a week to your business as it fits in to your daily life.
On the 10 hour work week:
- You would be hosting 4 jewelry bars a month
- average about $1200 in PV
- Reach out to about 40 new people a month (calls, jewelry bars, events, anyone you contact about the business i.e., if you have 10 people at each of your 4 jewelry bars, THAT's your 40 people:)
- On average you would have about 1-2 new team members a month
- $200 profit a week
On the 26 hour work week:
- You would host 10 jewelry bars a month
- Have about $3000 in PV
- Reach about 100 people per month
- Sponsor 4-6 new recruits
- Profit about $500 a week
- At 26 hours you would be working towards promotions for Senior Team Leader or Executive Team Leader
- With a team building, the override check you are receiving (commission) is average $1000 a month, which equals $30-$40 an hour!
Shipping Options- 4/16
- Shipping time in grid below DOES include packaging and processing time.
- The applies to all orders (wholesale and retail), based on the retail value.
- Online orders that only have 1 locket order will ship to customer for $4.95. It can only be one locket and charms (otherwise, the Nest would not know what order to package them up in)
- New option: Will ship to hostess for $4!! When utilizing Party tab, if the order is a direct ship to hostess, the whole order will only be $4.
- This map will show you the Fed Ex Ground Service Map https://extranet.SecureFreedom.com/OrigamiOwl/Personal/Resources/FedExGroundServiceMap.pdf
*Please note that ONLY with Ground service will an order be delivered on Saturday, it does not apply to any other shipping option.
HERE IT COMES..... HOSTESS HOOT LOOT PROGRAM, COMPANY SPONSORED!!! 4/16
- FREE product, Hostess Exclusive items, 50% off items discount AND FREE SHIPPING FOR THE HOSTESS!
- Booking rewards- incentives
- Hostess exclusive items (no detail provided)
I.E. You total out a party and it was a $700 Jewelry Bar. Based on the *tentative new rewards program the hostess will receive:
- $125 in FREE PRODUCT
- 3, 50% off items
- 60% off hostess special, exclusive items
- Booking Bonus if a friend books a bar off hers
******A Qualifying Jewelry Bar has 4 orders and must have $125 in sales!******
Front of Hostess Folder
Front has NEW HOSTESS REWARDS:)
Inside the Folder
Double sided pockets for the Hostess to have quick access to her wish list and know where she needs to be to get everything she wishes for!
Back of Folder
Keep a quick tab on Guest List and to confirm who is coming!
How to Navigate a Jewelry Bar, Overview to Handouts to Help you Prep and Close.
Give yourself a review of Jewelry bar 411: https://extranet.SecureFreedom.com/OrigamiOwl/Personal/Resources/Jewelry%20Bar%20411.pdf
Find out what style bar we need to accomodate her, some theme ideas include:
Now it's time for Hostess Coaching to set in place: You need to see how she wants to invite and entice her guests, we have emailed style invitations, postcards to mail out (designers do yourself), Facebook events to utilize photo ideas, etc.
- When I host a jewelry bar I always let my hostesses know the different forms of communication we can use. I almost always set up a private jewelry bar (this will have to be done through your personal FB page as they keep changing settings on us, otherwise your hostess address will be available for all to see and anything you post will be public)
- I use an invitation style that is provided in the back office or some use a website like ping.com or evite.com
Use the handout for Hostess Coaching to set the rest in motion and give you a timeline for when to communicate and get prepped for the jewelry bar:https://extranet.SecureFreedom.com/OrigamiOwl/Personal/Resources/JBar_HostessCoaching.pdf
This handout mentions to review the Hostess Folder with your hostess, what's that?
A brand new company provided HOSTESS FOLDER is getting ready for us!
This is the layout shown to us at SOAR with writing and useful tools all over and double pockets to utilize for the Hostess WIsh List too!
PreOrders: Those orders you can get after she books but before the party. You want to encourage people and your hostess to not just count on those present but lets get preorders going because those help her too and its a win win, you can't make it but still get your order!
- Day of the Jewelry Bar:
You of course need your merchandise kit and table display but is that all? NO!
- Make sure your paperwork is in order, invoices, catalogs,contact slips to help you find out what potential the guests have.
I always use a 9x12 clasp envelope and staple a party summary sheet to the front:
- Take gift certificates just in case:
- You always want extra hostess information for those friends booking off the hostess:
- You always want to share the opportunity to JOIN and have the launch package handout available as well: https://extranet.SecureFreedom.com/OrigamiOwl/Personal/Resources/Designer_Opportunity_2rev8.6.12.pdf
- If kiddos are present have a little extra for them like a coloring page ad crayons so it helps mom out to give her time to build her locket:
- THE GUESTS ARE COMING, THE GUESTS ARE COMING! FOllow the Jewelry Bar Highlights run through to help you make an easy rhythm to follow and always be confident! https://extranet.securefreedom.com/OrigamiOwl/Personal/Resources/JBar_highlights.pdf
(In the medical field when interacting with patients, I always tell my staff, EVEN if you don't know what the answer is, answer confidently without hesitancy that you do not know but will find out and get back to them It's all in the delivery that people are looking to see what can set you apart and validate you!)
- Time to get out of there, the typical jewelry bar lasts 2 1/2-3 hours and I always try to arrive an hour early especially when starting out, I can now set up in about 15-30 min but do not like being rushed so always give yourself a cushion! Follow the handout for Closing Strategies to see how you can wrap things up:
Introducing Darlene Santore!
Please take the time to read up on Darlene, an amazing woman who is here to guide designers and keep us motivated about our businesses! She actually gave up an opportunity to be on Tony Robbins' team and it moving to Arizona to head as Origami Owl's Chief Performance Officer.
7 STEPS TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL:
Today is your lucky day, today I am here to tell you, you CAN do it, you CAN achieve all that you want!
Origami Owl is now the second fastest growing direct sales company in the country!
A Call to Action:
- Decide On It
- Commit to It
- Dream It
- Envision It
- Act It
- Love It
- Share It- Pay it forward, Inspiration
People that write things down are successful with seeing it through!
SO this is our "2013 Call to Action Challenge"
New Party Tab/ Order Forms
Party Tab: Some new features on the party tab is of course, we utilize it! Because the company will now sponsor hostess rewards, it is imperative we use the tab to get everything we need to to the hostess.
- When shipping to hostess it is only $4!!!! Now, that also means NO orders from that party will be shipped until the party closes, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW UP!
- What about our Hoot Loot? AS previously discussed, designer rewards will be replaced with Hostess Rewards, HOWEVER we can set up parties under our names to get Hostess Rewards this will be allowed as well as the option for us to still buy wholesale for inventory (for events, big shows, etc)
- There will now be a SAVE button for Party tab
- As reviewed this week, when people go online to the origamiowl.com website instead of our replicated sites, a pop up will begin to prompt them whether or not they are already working with a designer. If so they will be redirected. If not, they will be directed towards a designer in their area.
Order Forms: We will now be going to 4 ply order forms!!!
- One copy for the designer, one for hostess, page 3&4 for customer.
- Customer Info: Have guests fill out contact info and still has options on whether they'd like to receive more info on Company/Hosting a Party/ or Email Newsletter
- Guests build their lockets and we now have 3 areas on one order form to write down multiple orders:)
- Have guest indicate shipping option, to the hostess, to them or gifted to a different address.
- You want to encourage shipping to hostess because then shipping is the low price of $4 when a qualifying jewelry bar ($125 and a min of 4 orders) is met.
- Payment Info: Total the subtotals in boxes 1+2+3, if more than 3 orders, use second form. Review shipping grid, Add up sales tax (where applicable) and get credit card info.
- If you are taking checks, checks are to be written out to you.
*Side note- While they partnered with Origami Owl, we are not required to use them as our credit card service. When you place orders online, you can process through O2, EXCEPT AMEX. Why have a card reader? Its convenient when placing wholesale orders or if you carry inventory to get paid for it. Speak with your mentor if you have questions on which credit card reader is right for you.
O2 Connection, Company Provided Newsletter to Customers
By now, everyone should have received a link to the O2 Connection portal, this is something different from the Back office and O2 Loop. If you have not received it, please contact your mentor.
- The best thing about O2 Connection is it will bring forward orders directly to our inbox, give us a way to communicate with our customers on the latest product info, specials, hostess exclusives JOINING, and interact with our replicated site as well!
- The analytics: While we have means of doing all this already to some form, this totaling summarizes all the work within itself! The site generates what is called "warm call reports, spaced out throughout the month. It will report Every person who looked at the newsletter and clicked through it telling us what they became interested in.
- For example, you receive your first report and it lets you know that Megan clicked on the link to Join Our Team. You can then make a time slot to call Megan and "check in" to see how she is doing and how she is loving her necklace and if she was interested in any more information on the company at this time.... NICE HUH?!!
- This service style is currently used by many other direct sales company for an added fee on top of the monthly website charge. It can cost anywhere from $9.95- $14.95 for this one feature. Origami Owl price..... FREE!!!!
CONVENTION IS COMING!!! FIRST ANNU-OWL O2 Convention! 7/12-7/13
Yes, this little company that projected 800 designers within its first year of business has OUTGROWN hotel conference rooms and they have booked the Convention Center.
Early registration will be $175.00 to attend.
More details will be released soon, Check out the Team Swift document and put your name on the list and tell your mentor if you will be attending.
They advised us to plan on starting mid friday July 12 and July 13th all day and ready to leave Sunday. Some designers are arriving Thursday and the first hotel Origami Owl partnered with is the Sheraton Hotel Downtown Phoenix (normally $200/ $99 a night for convention)
** At last note, this hotel had sold out, check the back office or Team Swift for updates on other hotels O2 has partnered with within the area****
LAST, BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST.... CHANGED FOR THE BETTER!!!
Read about the partnership here:
*Note, this video is for DESIGNERS ONLY, do not share.
Tuesday February 26 is the kickoff date so let your customers know you can take preorders now and PLEASE read all the details in the back office! They have supplied us with some great marketing features and information on how we collect points to earn product:)
Policy and Procedures UPDATED!! Make sure to pay close attention on what you cannot use for website, social media and email titles!
We no longer have a Team Swift Dropbox but I am working on something else to help us out for a quick reference. It is very important though that you try to utilize the Back Office and become familiar with it. I understand its nice to have Dropbox feature on the desktop and easy access but for those that did use the previous Dropbox, understand this new one will be different. It will be an a read-only mode. I believe as we grow, much like why they other was done away with, many people do not understand how to Save As and the maintenance on keeping on adding files that have been accidentally deleted is very cumbersome and takes away from time we could be using wisely on training, and guiding you all.
As we enter March, start dropping hints about Mother's Day and gets those parties booked!
GO OUT THERE AND SHINE LADIES!!