Mr. Hitch's Newsletter
Jr. High Note from Mr. Hitch
Happy April, Holy Trinity!
It feels like we are on the final stretch of our school year as we are quickly approaching the end. All of the students have worked very hard all year and I greatly appreciate each one of them. The following will outline a new benefit program HT is offering to companies, basketball, STEM, and mathematics updates. As always, please reach out if you have any questions.
May God bless you all,
High School Acceptance
I want to give a big shout out to Ean, Dylan, Chris, and Rian, for receiving scholarships to attend Mater Dei in the Fall. Their hard work and dedication will lead them far in life. I also want to send congrats to all 14 students who were accepted into their high school of choice.
Holy Trinity had 100% acceptance rate this year along with
4 scholarship offers with 3 of those being FULL RIDES!
Way to put in the hard work in 8th grade! I know God has great plans for all of you!
HSPT Study Club
The 8th grade mathematics class has worked very hard all year. This class is very focused each and every day, and wants to learn more about mathematics. Keep up the great work, everyone!
This month, we are jumping into stats. I am confident to say that all of these students will benefit from this month's material!
Google Classroom Code: m243dwu
8th Grade Accelerated
The 8th grade accelerated mathematics class has worked very hard all year. This class is very focused each and every day, and wants to learn more about mathematics. Keep up the great work, everyone!
This month, we are covering stats (more specifically the bell curve). This is a very high level chapter found in stats. This should be a challenging, but fun unit.
With this being an accelerated class, we will be moving at a rapid rate with the goal of covering introduction high school material.
Google Classroom Code: jlhnazg
The 7th grade mathematics class is a group who loves to learn! The month of March has much in store for this class as we continue in the Eureka books and incorporate Khan Academy lessons. I want to thank all of the students who participate in class and make an effort to always turn in their homework on time. Keep up the great work!
This month, we are covering Stats.
Google Classroom Code: uiq55gs
The STEM class has covered deep topics while completing fun and interactive projects. This class is one of the many things Holy Trinity offers that makes this community shine. We are in the middle of our Roller Coaster Unit where we are learning about velocity, acceleration, and scientific laws.
To conclude this STEM year, we are going to host a Roller Coaster walk around in the hall. This will be a fantastic opportunity for our students to show off their amazing work this trimester. The winning team will be determined by the audience! Parents, make sure to bring your phone and scan the QR code to vote for your favorite coaster!
Google Classroom Code: nzbpndc
The 6th grade math class is progressing well, and working very hard this trimester! The homework completion class wide for the month of March is something every teacher dreams about! Keep up the great work, 6th Grade! I look forward to the month of April.
This month we are going to jump into stats!
Google Classroom Code: kvcshi2
Hitch's Elite Eight:
Congrats to the students who are currently on my Elite Eight. These eight students currently have the best math grade (between all of the classes I teach) at Holy Trinity! Keep up the great work!!
1. Ean I.
2. Sofia G.
3. Rian M.
4. Janna R.
5. Chris S.
6. Dylan P.
7. Antonella G.
8. Lucas A.
Boys' Basketball had a historic season for HT! Tying the record previously set by the team in 1996, the boys basketball team had an amazing season with some great memories. Thank you for allowing me to coach you boys!
Girl's basketball has started and is off to an AMAZING start! We are currently at the TOP of the league with our most recent win over OLG. Keep up the great work girls! I see a championship in your near future!
- Monday: 6:00pm to 7:00pm on Zoom
- Tuesday: 6:00pm to 7:00pm on Zoom
- Wednesday: None
- Thursday: 6:00pm to 7:00pm on Zoom
- Friday: None
Also, if your child needs help on the homework, or has a question, there is a form in Google Classroom where they can ask their questions that I periodically check!
Looking for a Tutor?
- Grand Canyon University k-12 FREE Learning Lounge
- Momentum Tutoring located in Santee, CA
- Sycuan Education Center
Please email me if you would like more information about any of these resources!
Holy Trinity Events
- Morning Assembly led by 8th grade: Monday, April 4
- Early Dismissal: Wednesday, April 6 at 12:00pm
- Hawk P.R.I.D.E. Spirit Wear Top Day: Thursday, April 7
- Stations of the Cross led by 3rd grade: Thursday, April 7 at 11:30am
- All School Mass: Friday, April 8 at 9:00am
- Community Send-off Prayer: Friday, April 8 at 2:35pm
- HT Campus Clean-Up Day: Saturday, April 9 10am-12pm
- Morning Assembly led by 7th grade: Monday, April 11
- Deposit Day with Inland Federal Credit Union: Tuesday, April 12
- Stations of the Cross led by 8th grade: Wednesday, April 13 at 11:15am
- Early Dismissal: Wednesday, April 13 at 12:00pm
- Easter Break: April 14-22
- STAR Testing begins: Monday, April 25
- Morning Assembly led by 6th grade: Monday, April 25
- Disciple of Christ Monthly Recognition: Monday, April 25
- Pizza with the Principal (Disciples of Christ): Tuesday, April 26
- Deposit Day with Inland Federal Credit Union: Tuesday, April 26
- Early Dismissal: Wednesday, April 27 at 12:00pm
- Hawk P.R.I.D.E. Spirit Wear Top Day: Thursday, April 28
- All Jog-a-thon Money due: Thursday, April 28
- 3rd Trimester Progress Reports Distributed in Parent Envelope: Thursday, April 28
- All School Mass led by 5th grade: Friday, April 29 at 9:00am
- Annual Jog-a-thon: Friday, April 29
- First Eucharist Mass with the parish: Saturday, April 30 at 10:00am