Community Newsletter - January 14, 2021
A Message from Dr. Toni Hicks
Snow Day and Celebrations
Hello, Cougar Nation!
Jarrell ISD is home to the best staff! I am so proud of how staff have modeled learning and adapting for our students and families. I shared a similar message with the staff at Jarrell Middle School when I stopped by their faculty meeting yesterday.
Our staff again showed their ability to adapt during our recent snow day. Didn't that make for a fun memory? I even attempted to make a snow angel at my house.
Here are a few exciting things happening in the district:
- Jarrell Elementary just enrolled its 500th student and, any day now, Igo Elementary will enroll its 750th student!
- Our Facilities Planning Committee met for a final time on Tuesday. At the Board meeting next week, representatives from the committee will share with the trustees their finalized recommendations. We appreciate the time and energy our Facilities Planning Committee volunteers have invested into this important effort.
- The district is seeking volunteers for our long-range planning committee. This committee will develop the vision that will guide our future bond planning process. The first meeting is Jan. 28. Email email@example.com if you are interested.
Have a great week!
Dr. Toni Hicks
Celebrating Cougar Champions
Jersey Retirement Ceremony for Breanna Wright
School Holiday - January 18
Please see the Staff Duty Calendars for more information.
JEF Grant Window Open Jan. 15 - Feb. 26
Important Bus Information
Campuses Share Reminders about Health and Safety Procedures
Jarrell ISD principals are sharing messages to remind students about safety precautions. Click on the links below to watch these brief videos.
We thank Mr. James Larremore, Mr. Jeremy Hill, Ms. Andrea David and Mr. Jack Wilson for making these videos to help keep our students and staff safe and healthy.
"Thank You" to the School Board
This January, Jarrell ISD is celebrating Crystal Phalen, Board President, Jenny Arnold, Vice President, Bruce Epstein, Secretary, Troy Clawson, Kenneth Leverett, Tamara Dozier, and Rebecca Kirby for serving our district as members of the Board of Trustees.
Our Board members devote countless hours to the important work of governing the district. We appreciate their hard work and commitment.
Community Coffee Chat
- January - Board Appreciation Month
- Jan. 18 - Student/Staff Holiday
- Jan. 20 - Meeting of the Board of Trustees, 6:30 p.m., Admin Annex
- Jan. 27 - Community Coffee Chat, 8:30 a.m., Social Grounds Food Trailer