Clear Lake Intermediate
A Week of Firsts
Of course, we all watched in shock as strangers stormed into the United States Capitol. Regardless of what anyone's political beliefs are, these are troubling times for us as adults, and those worries can spill over to our children. What we can promise you here at Clear Lake Intermediate is that this school, these teachers, and this community WILL be a beacon of hope and calm for your children. It is a privilege to teach your children to problem solve, learn about the world around them, get along with others, and think for themselves. We might not be able to correct the problems in Washington, but we can definitely give your family a safe place to learn. Thank you for trusting us with that task.
Despite the images on our TVs, phones, and computers this week, we note a very positive milestone! We welcomed back more of our Eagles after the first semester spent in Clear Connections. Each day, we reintroduced ourselves, got out measuring sticks (what are you people feeding your children???) and marveled at how much everyone has changed. We are so glad to have more of our students back, and we look so forward to when we can all be together again.
In order to be back together soon, though, we ask that you continue talking to your children about following the safety guidelines we have put in place. While students have the responsibility of keeping distant, washing their hands, and wearing their masks, parents have the onus of checking possible COVID-19 symptoms in their children every morning. This screening tool can be found in your Skyward Family Access account. Please, we implore you NOT to send your child to school if they, or anyone else in your home, is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
Thank you again, for trusting us with your babies through these, frankly, weird times. I know "we are all in this together" is becoming a bit cliché, trite, and annoying to say, but it is so true! Eagles are definitely in this together.
Schedule Changes and Balancing Classes
Teacher of the Week
Our library is a hub of learning that transcends books. Mrs. Koehler (6th grade math) and Mrs. Simms (library) worked together to present a hands on lesson.
Room to learn
The library also provides room for students to expand their space while still staying distant.
Virtual Learning, No Matter Where
Due to our ever changing course schedule, some of our students use the library to continue with virtual classrooms. Thanks to this flexible space, students truly can take their learning wherever they go!
Room to learn
Clear Connections? Need a Library Book?
The library will still be offering services to students however it will now be by appointment only. If your student has a book they need to return simply drop it off at the front office during school hours. If your student would like to checkout a book they will continue to use the same process of requesting a book online however now they need to contact Mrs. Simms, the librarian to set-up a day or time during school hours to pick up the book. Thank you and happy reading. email@example.com
Are you ready to make a positive impact in the lives our of Eagle students? We need YOU! We are looking for dedicated people to help support our students, teachers and school by applying to be a Clear Creek ISD substitute teacher. Our substitutes enjoy working with students and the ability to have a flexible schedule each week. Join our Clear Lake Intermediate team today by becoming a substitute teacher. Apply online today at www.ccisd.net/jobs.
Need to Apply for School Meal Benefits?
Absent? Need to turn in an excuse?
Technology Skills Checklist
Are you still struggling with online learning? Here are some resources to help you and your child.
· CCISD Parent Resources: https://ccisd.net/departments/technology_support/Parent%20Resources
· CCISD Student Resources: https://ccisd.net/cms/One.aspx?portalId=645487&pageId=26405607
Login to the CCISD SSO Portal
The SSO portal makes logging in to other applications more seamless. The portal has links to all the main web tools you will need (Skyward, itsLearning, textbooks, etc.).
* You should use the same username and password that you used to login to your laptop.
Finding your classes in itsLearning**
Once you login to the SSO portal, you can click on the itsLearning app, and you do not need to login to ItsLearning separately.
* This is a generic overview of itsLearning basics and is not CCISD-specific. See the CCISD Student Resources page above for more info.
Checking your grades and class schedule in Skyward**
How to find applications on your computer (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and pin them to your taskbar or to your start menu
Try pinning Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to your taskbar or to your start menu for easy access.
· Parents: Here is a good video about all the features of Skyward: https://rb.gy/ifoldt
Parent/ Student Tech Support
The CCISD Technology Remote Support Line is now operating and is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Parents and students can call 281.284.0500 for assistance.
Parent Drop Off and Pick Up
Upcoming Eagle Events
· January 11 - 7th Grade Cross Country – Boys and Girls – at Friendswood Junior High – Meets start at 5pm; Girls run then Boys
· January 12 - 8th Grade Cross Country – Boys and Girls – at CLIS – Meets start at 5pm; Girls run then Boys
· January 13 - Boys Basketball vs Clear Creek Int - B teams start at 5:00pm; A team games will start after gym is sanitized. 7th Grade at Clear Lake Int; 8th Grade at Clear Creek Int
· January 14 - Girls Basketball vs Clear Creek Int – One Game only - starts at 5:00pm; 7th Grade at Clear Lake Int; 8th Grade at Clear Creek Int
· January 19 - 7th Grade Cross Country – Boys and Girls – at League City Int – Meets start at 5pm; Girls run then Boys
· January 20 - 8th Grade Cross Country – Boys and Girls – at League City Int – Meets start at 5pm; Girls run then Boys
· January 20 - Boys Basketball vs Space Center Int - B teams start at 5:00pm; A team games will start after gym is sanitized. 7th Grade at Space Center Int; 8th Grade at Clear Lake Int
· January 21 - Girls Basketball vs Space Center Int – One game only- starts at 5:00pm; 7th Grade at Space Center Int; 8th Grade at Clear Lake Int
· January 25 - 7th Grade Cross Country – Boys and Girls – at Westbrook Intermediate – Meets start at 5pm; Girls run then Boys
· January 26 - 8th Grade Cross Country – Boys and Girls – at Westbrook Intermediate – Meets start at 5pm; Girls run then Boys
· January 27 - Boys Basketball vs Creekside Int - B teams start at 5:00pm; A team games will start after gym is sanitized. 7th Grade at Creekside Int; 8th Grade at Clear Lake Int
· January 28 - Girls Basketball vs Creekside Int – One Game only - starts at 5:00pm; 7th Grade at Creekside Int; 8th Grade at Clear Lake Int