types of common sports injuries
- dislocation of joints
- fractures of the bones
- shin splints
- tearing of the muscle
how can sports injuries be avoided?
- wear protective gear, such as helmets, protective pads, and other gear that the sport requires
- warm up and cool down.
- don't play when you're injured.
- take time off. Plan to have at least 1 day off per week from a particular sport to allow the body to recover.
- strengthen muscles and use conditioning exercises during practice to strengthen muscles used in play.
- take breaks because rest periods during practice and games can reduce injuries and prevent heat illness.
- drink plenty of fluids before, during and after exercise or play