Hunting Ridge Hawk Happenings
February 28, 2021
Spring is in the Air
Hunting Ridge Families:
We are two-thirds of the way through our school year and getting ready for spring! This week the sun shining brought smiles to everyone! Below are some gentle reminders to help us in the coming weeks:
- Days can still be cold in the spring so please make sure that students are dressed appropriately for the weather.
- Remember to send your child with a water bottle each day.
- Please make sure the self-certification cards are signed each day and returned to school.
- Please make sure your child wears a mask and has an extra mask with in their backpacks.
- Please help students to charge Chromebooks each night so that learning is uninterrupted during the day.
- For in-person students, please do not arrive before 8:30 AM each day.
This final stretch is very important for learning. Please help us keep kids in class for their entire learning day! Our students are working so hard with their lessons and the teachers are also continuing their learning with CLR and with refining their practice as literacy instructors.
The 5-Essentials Survey window is open through March 5. Each school year, students in grades 4-8, staff members, and one parent from each household have the opportunity to provide input to help us continually improve our work with students, staff, and families. The survey is an electronic survey and takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. Should families need a device or assistance with translation please notify our school office so that we may support you. Thank you in advance for your time and valuable feedback! Visit the link HERE to get started.
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - Board of Education Meeting, 7:00 PM
- Friday, March 12, 2021 - Non-Attendance Day for Students, e-Learning Day for Teachers
- Sunday, March 14, 2021 - Daylight Savings Time
- March 15, 2021 - Re-enrollment for current and returning students begins through Infinite Campus
- March 22-26, 2021 - D15 Spring Break
School Registration and Re-enrollment
Starting March 15, current families that intend on returning will re-enroll through the registration link as an EXISTING family. This process is very important to all of us as it helps us to ensure we have the correct numbers of students in planning for sections in the upcoming school year.
From the Office
Families that are moving:
This can be a difficult time for families and the main office would love to help create a smooth transition for students moving to a new school. If you know that you are moving, please contact Mrs. Cefalu in the front office. It is helpful for us to know the last day of student attendance and the new school where students will attend. We can help give families important information to share with the new school.
Please let the office know if there are any changes to contact information or emergency contacts.
Our attendance line phone number is 847-963-5301. When leaving a message about attendance, we ask for your help in leaving a detailed message about the reason for the absence. Please include any symptoms your child might be showing so that our nurse can follow-up with families.
Please let the office know of any changes to dismissal for your student before 3:00 PM each day. This includes permitting your child to go home with another adult that is not listed in your dismissal plan or emergency contact information.