Bryant Blizzard News
September 12, 2019
It's been a great first full week of learning and growing at Bryant School!
September - Attendance Awareness Month
How parents can help:
- Set a regular bed time and morning routine.
- Lay out clothes and backpacks the night before.
- Know Bryant's start/end time and school-year calendar.
- Don't let your child stay home unless they are truly sick. Keep in mind complaints of stomach ache or headache can be a sign of anxiety and not a reason to stay home.
- if your child seems anxious about school, talk to teachers, school counselor, and or other parents for advice on how to make them feel more comfortable and excited about learning.
- Stay in contact - always call, email, or send a note about your child's absence.
- Develop a back-up plan for getting to school in case something comes up. Call on a family member, a neighbor, or another parent.
- Plan family trips and medical appointments during school breaks.
- Provide verification for medical excuses (doctor, dentist, therapy, counseling, etc.)
- Help your child plan goals and work to achieve them.
Click here for links to apply for free/reduced lunch program, add funds to your student's lunch account, and more resources from our awesome food service.
PTO meetings are held every second Thursday of the month at 5:30 in the conference room across from the main office. Please join us! The first meeting of the year will be TONIGHT Thursday, September 12th at 5:30pm.
CLICK HERE for Bryant PTO Facebook Page
Don't forget your quarters!
The first pop of the year will be
Mrs Mencel's class on Friday, 9/13
EACH CLASS WILL HAVE A SQUISHY WINNER!
Box Top News
Spirit Wear Orders
This year's Bryant Spirit Wear is ready to be ordered. Order forms were sent home with your students.
All orders are due by, Friday, September 20th.
Checks can be made out to Bryant Elementary.
2019/20 School Year Time Changes
Bryant school will be starting at 8:55am and ending at 3:27pm.
Before and After School Care through the Superior School District and the Superior Douglas County Family YMCA will still start at 7:00am and end at 5:30pm (no change), and the cost of programming will not change. Scholarships are available for families who may be in need of financial assistance. Registration for before and after school care can be found at the link below.
Register for the 2019-2020 school year. The Before and After School Programs strive to expand opportunities for positive youth development through high-quality, affordable academic enrichment & wellness activities outside the traditional school day.
9/12 - PTO Meeting at 5:30pm
9/13 - Mrs. Mencel's Popcorn Friday
9/20 - Spirit Wear Orders Due
10/21-10/25 - Scholastic Book Fair
10/22 & 10/24 - Conferences
District Employment Opportunities
To view all District Employment openings CLICK HERE. Recent postings include an after school team leader, custodial/maintenance, student assistants, special education assistants, parent involvement coordinator, food service positions, and bus drivers needed.
Community Flyers on Web Page:
- Strengthening Families
- SBA Travel Basketball
- Just for Kix Dance
- Sterling Silver Studio
- Superior Youth Wrestling
- Duluth Gitch Soccer
- Fall YMCA
- Sips & Slices
- Douglas County 4H
- Hartley Happenings
- Superior Public Library WDSE Birthday Party
- Children's Outerwear Giveaway
Bryant Elementary School
School Secretary - Anne Schultz, ext 20100
Counselor - Carrie Hennessey, ext 20228
School Nurse - Nicole Rusk, ext 20103