Tech It Out! #27
May 1, 2015
Enhance Teaching. Empower Learning.
I saw this article a few weeks back and thought it was hilarious - let's remain light hearted in this final stretch of testing for the year!
If you enjoy that article, be sure to check out her original 16 suggestions.
Be sure to read the comments section as well; other people have recommended equally hilarious ideas :)
This Week's Focus: PARCC Reminders & Updates
- The District 57 website has been updated with EOY information. Remember, this is where you will find the link to Pearson Access Next and digital copies of scripts.
- Remember to use the PARCC EOY schedule. This round of testing is only 4 days long. If you cannot find your schedule, see Randy for a new one.
- If you're testing a small group and want to know which students you are testing, you can log in to Pearson Access Next and find your session. All teacher sessions have already been uploaded.
- Headphones are NOT required this time around, though the script still references them for students with accommodations. All students who have text-to-speech accommodations will still need headphones.
- You will receive a new PARCC EOY packet at Monday's staff meeting. This will include step-by-step directions as well as the scripts for ELA Units 1 & 2 and Math Units 1 & 2. If you want a sneak peak, you can see it here.
- Each testing location will also have a copy of the PARCC EOY packet in case you lose or forget yours, and a copy of the PARCC Email Tips will be in the rooms.
- 8th grade math - Apparently, there is a geometry question that loads a picture, but the picture does not show up. It gives a white space and the illusion that the kids need the picture to solve the problem when in fact they do not. It is a glitch in the testing system that they are working to correct. I don't know if it will be fixed by the time we test, so just be aware that this might come up.
- Monday's staff meeting will be dedicated to PARCC, so any other questions will be answered there.