Elkton Middle School

Home of the Elks


spring pictures
smile dentistry
Support Shenandoah

Work Permits

Work Permits (Employment Certificates) for Minors
The Department of Labor and Industry launched an automated, employment certificate process in accordance with the General Assembly changes to ยง40.1-92 of the Code of Virginia effective July 1, 2013.

Children and their parents no longer need to apply for an employment certificate (work permit) at their school. The process is online and parents and students can find the application by clicking HERE!

Step 1: Minor fills out personal information. Once completed they will be provided an ID number. They will provide their hiring manager that number in order to complete Step 2.

Step 2: Completed by the minor's hiring manager using the ID number they provided from Step 1.

Step 3: Parent/Guardian completes using minor's ID number from Step 1.

Paper applications are no longer available at the schools.

Free & Reduced Meal Information

If your family chooses to apply for free/reduced price school meals, applications are available on the RCPS website (www.rcps.net). Please consider filling out the online application, as this is faster and easier than the paper application (www.myschoolapps.com). Paper copies of the application are also attached to this email if that is preferred. You will be notified by mail of your child's status once the application is processed.

Please contact the Food and Nutrition Services Office at 540-434-7783 with any questions.