E.J. Hayes Weekly Newsletter
January 21, 2022
Note from the Principal's Desk
Greetings Parents and Stakeholders,
Please join me in thanking all of the incredibly hard working people at E.J. Hayes. From our teachers and teacher assistants to our cafeteria staff, custodians, and office administrators, we are all very fortunate to work with such amazing and supportive people. Each day, the staff at Hayes look to see how we can improve the education of each and every student who walks through the doors. Please remember that report cards will go home one day next week. Report cards will be delayed due to winter weather. And, once again, thank you for choosing E.J. Hayes, where relationships foster learning!
- January 24-28 - Report Cards go home with students this week
- January 26- Science Fair Project judging
- January 31-February 3 - NC Checkins for all students
- February 8 -Progress Reports go home
- February 10- NAEP Assessment for 50 selected 4th grade students
- February 11-Dare graduation for 5th graders
- February 28 - Make up day for 1/21/22 snow day
- March 1-3 - 3rd graders visit the Martin County Innovation Campus
- March 3 - End of 4th 6 weeks
- April 7-8 - 4th graders visit the Martin County Innovation Campus
- May 5-6 - 5th graders visit the Martin County Innovation Campus
- April 29 - End of 5th 6 weeks
- June 9 - Last day of school (students will be released at 12:45pm)
Emergency Connectivity Fund Computers
How Great thou ART!!!
Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Please follow the below link for the menu if you can't read the type above!
Instructions for Accessing PowerSchool's Parent Portal
Instructions for Accessing PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Students received a piece of paper with this information on it yesterday. Please check your child's folders.
There are two ways to access your child's information in PowerSchool. In addition to these instructions, you will need the letter from your child's school/teacher that contains the access IDs and passwords.
The First Way (This is the quickest and easiest way.)
1. Go to martin.powerschool.com/public
2. Enter the Student Access ID and Student Access Password into the Parent Sign In fields
(Yes, it will work!)
3. Make sure to enter the Student Access Password in ALL CAPS
4. This should take you right in to your child's information
The Second Way (This way allows the parent to receive periodic email updates.)
1. Go to martin.powerschool.com/public
2. Click on the Create Account tab
3. Click the blue Create Account button
4. On the Create Parent Account page, at the top, enter the parent's first and last name,
email address, desired username, and password (twice). Make sure to follow the password parameters in order for your password and account to be created
5. In the link to Student Account section under the number 1, enter your first student's
name, PARENT access ID and PARENT access password. Then, in the dropdown, select the choice that best represents your relationship to the student.
6. If you have multiple children, you can enter their information under numbers (2 through 7). By adding all of your children to one account, you can access all of your children using one username and password.
7. After you have entered all of the required information, click on the Enter button.
8. If you were successful, you will get a message saying "Congratulations! Your new Parent
Account has been created. Enter your Username and password to start using your new account." Then use your new username and password to sign into your parent account.
9. If you were unsuccessful, you will get a message saying you are missing some required
information. Correct what is missing or incorrect and Enter again.
10. Please Note: You can only use your email address one time to setup an account. If your
email address has already been used and is attached to an existing account, your account creation will be unsuccessful and you will have to use another email address.