Clark-Pleasant Middle School Library Media Center- Fall 2015
Mission of the CPMS Library Media Center
The mission of the Clark-Pleasant Middle School Library Media Center is to ensure that students are effective users of ideas and information by collaborating with other educators to design learning strategies that support the curriculum. Our mission is to provide access to resources in varying formats, to provide instruction in information literacy, and to encourage a love for reading and learning.
Goals for 2015-2016 School Year
- Plan and prepare to welcome Clark-Pleasant 6th grade students and teachers to the CPMS LMC as they will join our school in the fall of 2016.
- Create a makerspace area in the CPMS LMC that will encourage participatory and student-led learning in STEAM areas.
- Establish a library advisory board for the CPMS LMC that includes students.
Student Visits to the CPMS LMC
- The LMC is open from 7:35-3:00 daily.
- The LMC is closed during 2nd lunch period most days.
- Students may visit the LMC with a pass.
Tech Tool Tip - Flippity
Calling ALL CPMS teachers...
Teachers - What CPMS LMC Can Offer You
- professional library space
- research helps
- YHBA club
- book talks
- helpful student assistants
- opportunities for collaborative lessons
- design of tutorials and lessons
- compilation of websites and e-books for class assignments
English classes visit the LMC biweekly and participate in lessons on using the library and technology. Students also hear book talks and view trailers based on books to help them make independent reading selections. Please utilize our offerings and ask if you have any questions. I am happy to help!