Mrs. Bell's Class Newsletter
Week 5 September 28- October 2nd
Petunia is back from visiting her sister and she brought a mailbox.
Happy Birthday Bella !
We had a blast celebrating you!
We spent all last week learning how to re-tell fables that we read. Their re-telling of Little Red Riding Hood was exceptional.
Need to Know:
- Progress reports will go home in Monday folders
- We discussed Johnny Appleseed last Friday and did many experiments! Ask your child to tell you about them.
- Please study your child's sight words quickly each night, along with reading their library books. I will begin sending leveled books home around week 6.
- Please make sure you are checking your child's Class Folder each night. They are working hard.
- I am always here with any questions you may have.
ELAR: We will continue to discuss Authors Purpose, review verbs and test over them, make written predictions, set intentions for our reading and continue to re-tell stories using vocabulary first, next, then, last. Our Saxon Assessment and Spelling Tests are every Friday.
Math: We will learn how to divide a solid in half, graph a picture on a pictograph, order numbers 0-26 using wrap-ups and write addition number sentences.
Science: Investigating Properties of Objects.
How objects change states of matter.
Social Studies: Exemplifying Good Citizenship - Words to know: `private , honesty , rule