Fifth Grade News
February 11, 2016
* Identify the elements in story structure
* Infer and predict
* Solve real-world problems involving multiplication and division of fractions and whole numbers
* Understand the impact of slavery on Africans
* Understand the meaning of Ash Wednesday and Lent
* Reflect and make a Lenten promise and a Lenten sacrifice
You're kind of a Big Deal
We finished our last prayer for testing. Yay! We will continue to pray these prayers the rest of the school year. We are praying for all the Confirmation candidates as our Catholic Schools' week service project.
Does anyone out there enjoy woodworking? I have always wanted a fifth grade sized kneeler for the classroom. I often have the children go pray by Mary outside our classroom door; a kneeler by our prayer table would be another great way to encourage our students to "offer it up" or just spend time with God.