Lauren Allen B1
Agricultural Products Grown or Harvested
- Wheat, corn, lemon, mango, orange, tomato, peaches, rice, sugarcane, honey
- Table grapes, nectarines, plums, strawberries, bananas, pineapples,avocados
Natives and Beliefs
- Mexicans belief that pregnant woman can not be exposed to extreme temperatures, spicy food, or exercise.
- A raw egg will get rid of a baby sickness
- Pass the Salt or Not- Believers or this superstition must ask for the salt to be placed down before possession.
- Antojos- cravings in a pregnant woman
Some celebrations are:
- Three Kings Festival- the wreath shaped rosca de reyes, or Kings's rings, made with more than 1,700 ponds of butter
- Ice Cream festival- harvested ice cream from the nearby snow - capped volcanoe
- Corn & Tortilla fair-celebrates Mexico's staple grain visitors also sample foods like talcoyos, ponteduros, and esquites.
- Vanilla festival- food stalls overflow with fragment vanilla pods and bottles of extract