NRMS Family Newsletter
For the Weeks of January 24 and 31, 2022
North Rockford Middle School
Assistant Principal: Al Reickard
Student Activities/AD: Jen Domagalski
Counselors: Karla Koops-Fikse and Angie Ohlman
Parent Teacher Conferences SIGN-UP TODAY!
DEADLINE TO SIGN-UP EXTENDED TO MONDAY, January 24th!
NRMS Parent-Teacher Conferences for WINTER/SPRING
Tuesday, January 25: 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm
Thursday, January 27: 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm
We will continue this year offering our Parent-Teacher Conferences virtually, with the hope to return to a face-to-face option next year.
Please see the information below that will help you schedule your Parent-Teacher Conferences. There will be three options again, including a virtual conference, phone call, or email.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Parent-Teacher Conference Process (Step 1)
DEADLINE TO SIGN-UP EXTENDED TO MONDAY, January 24th! Sign-up today!
Use the following link to head to the NRMS Winter Parent-Teacher Conferences bookings site:
- Please note that the system will close for booking on Monday, January 24.
- Enter your details/information and select your “preferred meeting type”. (Phone call or Video Conference)
Parent Teacher Conference Process (Step 2)
- Next you will build your student’s schedule. Choose the subject/department, and then choose their teacher. Note, you will have to “add” additional teachers to build their entire schedule. Once you have all of their teachers that you would like to meet with, click GO.
Parent Teacher Conference Process (Step 3-5)
- You will then be able to select a 5 minute conference slot by checking any open slot for each teacher. The system will not allow you to duplicate a conference for the same teacher.
- Click GO and your conference times are scheduled. You will get a confirmation e-mail with the conference times, and conference format that you selected (phone or video conference).
- On the date you are scheduled for you conference, you can Click the "Join video-conference" link at the booking time. This is in the confirmation e-mail that you will receive.
PLEASE NOTE- The ability to book conference times will be closed at 12pm midnight on Sunday, January 23. This is to ensure that staff have enough time to prepare for your conference with them.
NWEA Testing WEEK TWO
NWEA Testing Dates and Schedule
WINTER TESTING SESSION WEEK TWO
January 17th - 28th
NWEA Map Growth Parent Video Link
- This assessment helps our students see their growth and achievement. It also provides information to families and schools on how we are doing in comparison to students across the Nation.
- The scores from this winter assessment are used as a data point for future planning and scheduling of students. This assessment is used when considering students for academically advanced classes and classes that offer additional support, which includes ROCK and LAB course offerings.
A few tips to help your child:
- Please encourage your child to do their personal best!
- Have your child get a good night's sleep.
- Minimize the use of technology prior to bedtime.
- Have your child eat a well-balanced breakfast or eat breakfast at school.
- This is an adaptive test that adjusts depending on your child's responses. There will be some questions that may challenge your child. Please encourage your child to use the test-taking strategies they have earned throughout the school year.
6th Grade Student Schedule:
- Science: Monday, January 24th
- Language Usage, Wednesday, January 26th
7th and 8th Grade Student Schedule:
- Science: January 24th and 25th
- Language Usage: January 26th and 27th
RAM Nitro Trap & Skeet Team
NRMS PARENT RESOURCES
NRMS Counseling Support
The Freshman Center counselors will be coming in February to talk to our 8th graders about scheduling and choosing classes. This year the orientation will be held virtually, and information will be sent out soon.
Mrs. Koops-Fikse and Mrs. Ohlman will soon be going into 6th and 7th grade classes to talk about scheduling for next fall. They will also be doing some college and career mini-lessons with students using the new program called Xello (formerly Career Cruising).
We are here to support your child! If your child is in need of academic, social, or emotional support, please have them come to our office. We are also available by contacting (616) 863-6313.
Last Names A - L: Karla Koops-Fikse
Last Names M-Z: Angie Olhman
NRMS Counseling Dog
NRMS Spanish Immersion Families
Are you a Spanish Immersion family? If so, please use the links below for additional details.