May 2015 From Your English Language Arts Team
As one door closes another opens......
Sizzling Summer Reading Programs For Kids
The summer count down has begun so let's help our students get lost in a good book. Here are few of the Reading Programs throughout San Antonio:
- SA Library : http://www.mysapl.org/srp/
- Barnes and Noble's Imagination Destination: http://freebies.about.com/od/familyfreestuff/p/barnes-noble-summer-reading.htm
- Scholastic's Power Up and Read:http://www.scholastic.com/ups/campaigns/src-2015
- Chuck-E-Cheese: http://www.chuckecheese.com/activities/rewards-calendars
Here's a website to these and many more! http://freebies.about.com/od/familyfreestuff/tp/summer-reading.htm
Sizzling Summer Sessions for Teachers
June 15-17: Literature Circles for Grades 2-5 8:30-4:00 @ NAC
June 8-10: Grammar Matters 8:00-3:00 @ Braun Station
June 8-12: Phonemic Awareness & Phonics Essential Teacher Knowledge K-1, 8:00-3:00
July 6-23: Writing Institute of Northside (WIN) @ Stinson MS, Monday-Thursday 8:30-4:00
Beat the Heat with Free Indoor Summer Activities!!
- Lowe's Build and Grow Clinics
- Home Depot Free Kids Workshop (First Saturday of Every Month)
- The Witte Museum Free Admission- Every Tuesday after 3:00 p.m.
Visit the following website for many more great ideas!!
May 8: End of Year Writing Samples and Rubric Due to Priscilla
May 13: Mr. Parra off campus @ Bilingual Cluster Meeting 3:15-5:00
May 15: Writing I-Drive Data Due & ELAR Team at NAC 7:30-3:30
May 18: ELAR Team at NAC 7:30-3:30, Curriculum Updates
May 19: Second Grade Reading CDB
May 29: Final NEAR Data Due
TBA: End of Year LPAC Meeting
We leave you with My Wish by Rascal Flatts. One of the my favorites! Feel free to sing- along and share with your students and teammates! My wish for you is.............