9/20/16 KC Pet Project Field Trip
Troop News & Events
9/20/16 KC Pet Project Field Trip Reminder
This Tuesday is a field trip to KC Pet Project at the Zona Rosa.
What to bring:
- The dog toy that was sent home at the last meeting (if you received one).
- The dog treats that you made (this was a kit sent home at the last meeting - if you received one).
- Any pet donations you have.
- Wear your vest or sash if you have them.
- $15 if you have not yet registered your daughter for the current year and would like for me to take care of that.
- Payment for the Mother/Daughter Campout if you are attending ($7.00 per person).
- Payment for the Fall Campout if you are ready to pay $10.00 per girl & $10 for each of those adults staying for the weekend. We will accept payment after the campout as well since this is short notice. This cost covers the groceries/activities for the weekend.
- Uniform order forms & payment if you are ready to turn those in.
- Health form & Photo Release form.
- Candy/Nut Money if you have any ready to turn in. You can keep the order forms and keep selling.
- Address booklet for the fall fundraiser.
Note: In the Parent Packet from the last meeting there was a checklist of items to do/to return.
2nd Annual Troop Campout 9/23-9/25
It's almost camp time! Can you tell I'm excited?! We have a lot of fun stuff planned for the girls and I can't wait to go!
Note: Adventure programming starts at 1pm on Saturday. If you are not staying on Friday (even if you previously told me this), please let me know.
Just a few reminders:
- Drop Off - Friday September 23rd, @ Camp Prairie Schooner no later than 7pm. I will have dinner for the girls. Camp Prairie Schooner, 15300 Ess Rd, Kansas City, MO 64136. Directions are attached in a separate email and on our Facebook page.
- Pick Up - Sunday September 25th, @ Camp Prairie Schooner no later than 1:30pm.
- Car Pooling - I've had a couple parents offer to give rides. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE work together to car pool. Use this email thread or Facebook. When you respond, please indicate which direction you can drive and how many seats you have available. I appreciate all of you working together. I will be arriving early with a truck load of camping gear and a load of girls.
- A packing sheet is attached in an email that was sent separately and is available on our Facebook page. Pretty basic stuff. Be sure to pack warm pajamas and warm jacket/hoody of some sort. It will be nice and sunny/warm during the day and chilly at night. In the event of rain we will do our activities in doors, but we will get muddy, so be sure to send an extra change of clothing (especially socks) and plastic bags to put wet/dirty items in. LABEL EVERYTHING!!!!! If you need a bucket with lid please let me know. These will be used as chairs this weekend.
- Try your best to pack all items in just their buckets and drawstring bag. Be sure to get the girls involved with packing. This isn't their first rodeo so they have a pretty good idea as to what they should pack.
- There will be some research I would like for the girls to do on constellations/stars, before coming. I will send that out in a separate email.
- The cost for each girl and adults staying the weekend is $10 per person. You can pay this Tuesday or (due to the short notice of the amount) at the first meeting we have in October. This cost covers groceries and activities. The troop paid for adventure programming.
- Should you have an emergency, or need to get a hold of me, or your daughter, for any reason, feel free to call/text me at 816-729-7034. I cannot promise as to how quickly I will respond but I will get back to you as soon as I can. I will do my best to load some pictures on Facebook for you all. Please do not send electronics with your girls. They can use my phone to contact you if needed. If you have any concerns about this please let me know.
- Please DO NOT send food with your daughter. Animals will find their way into the permatents if they have any kind of food in their buckets or bags.
Last but not least, if you are having trouble coming up with any of the items on the list please let me know ASAP. I do have a few extra things I can loan out like a sleeping bag, mess kit, etc. if needed.
Rededication & Bronze Award Ceremony 10/18
Time: approximately 6-8pm (will confirm at a later date)
What: The girls will rededicate themselves to scouts for the year. They will also have a chance to display and present their Bronze Award projects. We will honor them with their Bronze pins at this time.
**Girls dress attire to be announced. They should plan to wear their vest/sash**
Mother/Daughter SU 608 - 10/29 - Registration Open
- Who: All registered Girl Scouts and an important woman in their life (all girls and adults must be registered Girl Scouts).
- Date: 1:00pm October 29th - 11:00am October 30th
- Location: Kelsey Short Youth Camp Area 3
- Cost: $7.00 per girl, $7.00 per adult. Cost includes camp site, patch for the girls, and a couple fun activities and dinner will be provided Saturday night (hot dogs, buns, chips). Bring your own mess kit and roasting stick.
- What to bring: Everyone is to bring their own camping gear. This includes tent, sleeping stuff, fire source, food for lunch Saturday, snacks, and breakfast for Sunday, mess kit, water bottle, water cooler, and anything else you require for camping. There is plenty of time to do your own thing. Bring activities or games to do. Or even go on a Nature hike.
- Service Project: Collecting canned goods for Harvesters. Please bring to campout.
- Deadline for payment/registration/cancellation: October 10th.
- Questions about the campout: Jessica Eastep at 816-591-5645 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up through the link below:
Vote on a Date - Horseback Riding **Vote by 9/21 (Wednesday)
Please go to the link below and indicate whether or not your daughter will plan to attend and which date(s) will work best for you. Thanks!
- When: TBD
- Time: 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Where: Woodson Hill, 7990 NW Mace Rd, KC, MO 64152.
- Cost: $15 per registered girl. The program per girl costs $35 and the troop agreed to pay $20 towards the cost of each girl who does this activity.
Treasury Notes - as of 9/18/16
- Funds received since last meeting: $7 fundraiser cash turn in, $17 refund from Council for 1 Adv Prog (someone may not be able to attend now); $40 from Council for early re-registration incentive from 2015) - Note: The $40 income will be added to our Zipline trip budget.
- Funds paid out since last meeting: $160.71 for pet supplies to donate
- Current Balance: $4411.27
Adult Volunteer Application and Background Check
If you have not done so, please take a moment to complete the Adult Volunteer Application and Background Check. There is no cost to do this. Note - this needs to be done even if you are not registering as a Girl Scout. Thanks!
Girl Scout Registrations Now Due
If you prefer, you can pay the troop the $15 registration fee and I can re-register your daughter myself. After the 28th I will lose that ability and you will have to do it yourself online or by paper.
If you need to re-register with Financial Aid, there is a paper form to completed. Please notify me via email/text/call and let me know before Tuesday so that I can bring the form to the field trip.
You can also register right now online at:
Note: As an adult, if you plan work with the troop regularly and attend events, you need to consider registering yourself as this will save the troop money on insurance.
Dates to Remember
- 9/20/16 - GS Meeting @ KC Pet Project Zona Rosa
- 9/23/16-9/25/16 - 2nd Annual Troop Campout
- 10/4/16 - GS Meeting (working on Bronze award displays)
- 10/6/16 - Last day to turn in Candy/Nut orders to me.
- 10/12/16 - SU Meeting **let me know if you'd like to attend with me**
- 10/18/16 - Rededication & Bronze Award Ceremony
- 10/29/16-10/30/16 - Mother/Daughter SU Campout **registration open**
- 11/1/16 - GS Meeting
- 11/9/16 - Candy/Nut product arrives sometime this week.
- 11/9/16 - SU Meeting **let me know if you'd like to attend with me**
- 11/15/16 - GS Meeting
- 11/29/16 - GS Meeting
- 11/2017 - **SU Event TBD**
- 12/6/16 - GS Meeting
- 12/14/16 - SU Meeting **let me know if you'd like to attend with me**
- 12/20/16 - GS Meeting/Holiday Party
- 12/2017 - SU Caroling Event **Date TBD**
- 1/14/17 - Owl Prowl
- 1/27/17-1/28/17 - SU Lock In 6pm-9am
- **tentative** 7/30/17-8/3/17 Day Camp
Girl Scout Shop
Girl Scout Shop
8383 Blue Parkway Dr.
Kansas City, MO 64133
Mon-Thurs: 9:30 am-6:00 pm
Fri: 9:30 am-4:30 pm
They will also be open on the following Saturdays
from 9am-1pm unless stated otherwise:
The following stores have been selected by Girl Scouts of the USA to provide you with official merchandise.
- Hy-Vee Gladstone, MO
- Hy-Vee Barry Road, KC, MO
- Hy-Vee Liberty, MO