W. A. Porter News
Keeping You Informed! Friday, April 8, 2016
Today & Next Week!
- 4/8 - Panther Race - see below for details
- 4/13 - Art / Extended PLC - lunch swaps
- 4/14 - Adult Sign Language - 6:30 - 8 PM - Library
- 4/15 - W. A. Porter Talent Show
Panther Race- Race Day - Friday, April 8, 2016
8:45 - 9:15 - Track 1 - Kindergarten / Track 2 - 1st Grade
9:30 - 10:00 - Track 1- 2nd Grade / Track 2 - 3rd Grade
10:15 - 10:45 - Track 1- 4th Grade / Track 2 - 5th Grade
1:45 - Awards Ceremony
PANTHER RACE 2016!!!!!
Race Winners - 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners for boys and girls from each grade who complete the most laps will receive ribbons at the Awards Ceremony. 1st place lap winners will also receive a certificate for a free Kona Ice to be used at school the afternoon of the race.
Class Lab Contest - The class that runs the most total laps for each grade level will receive a ribbon to proudly display in their classroom.
Pledges & Prizes in 5 Steps
1. Get Pledges from friends, family & neighbors. Pledges can be a flat donation or per-lap-run. Record pledges on the blue pledge form.
2. Bring the blue form to school by 4/7 to be marked with the total number of laps you run on race day.
3. Take the blue form and envelope and collect pledged donation money.
4. Make your prize selection on the blue form. Return the form and money by 4/15/16
5. Receive your prize on Prize Day!
$10 - 29.99 Panther Race T-shirt
$30 - 59.99 Playground Ball
$60 - 124.99 Putt-Putt 4 Event Pass
$125 - 149.99 Rebounderz Jump Pass
$150 - 249.99 Movies for 2 & Candy
$250 - 399.99 Razor Scooter
$400 - 499.99 Kindle Fire
$500 - 699 Dave & Busters 4 Player Pack & Dessert
$700+ Fitbit Charge
Top Donation Winner will be recognized on Prize Day!
Pledge Ticket Drawings - For every $25 you get in pledges, write your name on a GREEN PLEDGE TICKET and place in the DRAWING BOX near the office. Two tickets will be drawn during the morning announcements on 3/30, 4/1, 4/5, 4/6, and 4/7.
Join the PTA Executive Board
The W. A. Porter PTA is looking for actively involved parents who would like to join the PTA board? If you want to say yes or would like more information, please email Tara Goodwin at
W. A. Porter Elementary School
Assistant Principal - Chad Paris
Counselor - Shannon Bruce
Texas Education Agency - Accountability Distinction Designations
Academic Achievement in Reading/ELA - Distinction Earned
Academic Achievement in Science - Distinction Earned
Top 25 Percent Student Progress - Distinction Earned
Post-secondary Readiness - Distinction Earned