Heritage Weekly Update-June 17
The news you need from the Home of the PRIDE!
June 17, 2022
Traduccion en Espanol
-Cuando llegue aqui haga clic en la flecha que apunta hacia abajo y escoja el idioma "Spanish"
Congratulations to the Heritage Class of 2022!
I hope this Update finds you and those you care about safe and well.
We had a wonderful time celebrating the Class of 2022! Even though the weather didn't cooperate, we were still able to send off this amazing class in style! We will miss them, and I know their futures are bright!
As we wrap up the 2021-22 school year, our focus shifts to the summer and perparing for the next school year with all of the excitement that brings!
Summer Credit Recovery Update
Invitations for Summer Extension Credit Recovery (SECR) were sent out this afternoon sent out by Fernando.Uribarri@lcps.org, the SECR Principal. If you received a previous email about SECR but did not get an invitation today, you may assume your student passed their class and doesn’t need SECR. If you have any questions please email Mr. Uribarri.
Nurse's Notes (Important Updates from Nurse Stephan)
-Immunization Requirements for Rising Seniors (Class of 2023).
- It is a requirement of the Commonwealth of VA that all student entering the 12th grade receive:
- One dose of the of the Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4) vaccine after the child’s 16th birthday if they’ve never received a dose.
- A second dose of the Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4) vaccine if the first dose was given before the child’s 16th birthday.
- Letters containing specific information about students who are deficient will be mailed out.
- Your child’s primary care office can give these vaccines.
- LCHD will be hosting a free MCV4 vaccination event at Heritage High School on June 21st 10 am-12pm. Consent forms and permission slips for this event will be included in the aforementioned letter.
- Please do not wait until last minute to schedule an appointment. Updated immunization records must be provided to Nurse Stephan by August 24, 2022. Students who fail to provide proof will not be allowed to start school for the SY 2022-23.
- Documentation may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Day to Change Course Selection
The last day to change course selection for the upcoming school year is Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
Summer Office Hours
Beginning Monday, June 20, the Main Office at Heritage will be shifting to our summer office hours (9:00-3:30)
Special Permission Reminders
We have quite a few students here on Special Permission, so I wanted to include the information about the Special Permission windows for the upcoming school year. Just a reminder, students do have to apply for Special Permission each year.
From the LCPS Special Permission site: "The special permission request window for the 22-23 school year opens to the public on April 1 (at 10:00 am) and closes on June 30. Employees may apply beginning March 1 (at 10:00 am) if applying to bring their child to their own school or an elementary school in their employment cluster. You will receive a decision on your special permission request within 30 days."
College and Career News
Here’s this week’s newsletter: College and Career Center News: June 10
Mark Your Calendars
Here are some important dates for the 2022-23 school year:
-July 20, 21, 22-Senior Portraits @ Heritage (Look for info from Victor O' Neil Studios)
-August 1-3-Fall Athletic Try-outs
- "New Student Orientation" 4-5:30 PM: For Rising 9th Grade and all New Students
- "Back to School Celebration" 5:30 PM-7:30 PM: This is our annual Back to School open house event. Come meet your child's teachers, enjoy some refreshments from local food trucks, learn how to get involved, and hear about what's coming up for the 2022-23 School Year.
-August 25-First Day of School '22!
-August 30-31-Underclass School Portraits
-September 2-5-Labor Day Holiday
Congratulations to our PTSO Scholarship Winners, Ashana Patel and Elizabeth Lees.
We are also looking for someone who is interested in getting involved with Heritage. PTSO is looking for a SEAC representative and an All Night Grad Party (ANGP) Event coordinator. If interested, please email Naz Burlbaugh at email@example.com.
Athletic Booster Club Update
Congratulations to our Athletic Booster Club Scholarship Winners; Kenedi Brundage, Ethan Le, Jack Wingfield and Jackie Lewis!
We are also looking for someone who is interested in getting involved with Heritage Athletics. The Heritage Athletic Booster looking for someone who would be interested working with our Concession Coordinators and someone who is interested helping out with our Fundraising Events, such as Casino Night. If interested, please email Naz Burlbaugh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your continued trust and support. This will be the last update for this year. We will be back in August!
Heritage High School
June 21-Vaccination Clinic for Rising Seniors (see Nurse's Notes)
June 22-Last Day to change electives/courses for the 22-23 school year
July 6-10-Heritage closed for construction work
July 20, 21, 22-Senior Portraits @ Heritage (Look for info from Victor O' Neil Studios)
August 1-3- Fall Athletic Try-outs
August 22-New Student Orientation/Back to School Celebration
August 25-First Day of School '22!
August 30-31-Underclass School Portraits
September 2-5-Labor Day Holiday
Student Leadership Opportunity
Course Information Resources
Attention current 9th-11th grade parents and students! Did you miss our Course Information Night on the 24th of January?
Course selection resources can be found in your Course Information Newsletter for the 2022-2023 School Year which highlights the many course selection resources available on our NEWLY UPDATED Course Information Page on the Heritage School Counseling webpage (Heritage School CounselingàAcademicsàCourse Information). We encourage you to check out the exciting academic opportunities and guidance available at Heritage!
Heritage Mission Statement: The Heritage Community works together to foster continuous personal and academic growth of the whole student in a caring and engaging environment
Heritage Vision: Heritage High School readies all students for future success. Graduates are respectful of others, invested in their communities, and prepared for a changing world.