Senior Fullstack Developer
Full-Time Position in Tel Aviv
Experienced Dev with a sense of humor? We're looking for you!
No 12- Hour Workdays!
At Smore we care about our people and their time. As simple as that sounds, it's true. In the world today, we know that your job is only one of the many aspects of life that give you fulfillment.
Like other tech companies, we provide excellent compensation and benefits, but what makes Smore special is our unique culture. Smore truly values productivity over hours spent working. Whether you're an artist, a parent, or a part-time circus performer, you can do it all and work at Smore.
We believe in dedicated work, but not in working long hours or clocking in on your weekend. It's important to us that our employees spend time with their loved ones and pursue every avenue that brings them joy! We're all better for it.
Being a part of Smore ultimately means working in a small team, doing big things, and having an outsize impact on the way that millions of people across the globe communicate!
What you'll be doing
Smore is the world's friendliest newsletter tool. Millions of people across the globe use Smore to create better newsletters, and we've built a fast-growing business, devoted to empowering our customers. We're currently moving into new verticals, and creating a whole new product that uses the latest and greatest tech. We're looking for a talented engineer to join us and help build the future of newsletters.
- Work on a world-class web product, using cutting edge frameworks and open source tools: Typescript, Node.js, Go, GraphQL, Svelte, Google Cloud services, AWS, Fastly, Docker, Kubernetes, and many more.
- Keep performance and scale in mind: Smore.com is accessed by millions of people every month, thousands simultaneously, and the amount of data we process is huge and exponentially increasing.
- Work in fast iterations and get things shipped quickly.
- Write high quality backend and frontend code in a high performance environment, complete with code reviews, tests, and all the other goodies.
- Work with all parts of the tech stack, hack together quick solutions, and experiment with new technologies.
- Have fun while doing all of the above!
What you'll bring
- Fluent English
- 5+ years of professional, full-time development experience
- Software Engineering Degree or equivalent/ Technological unit alumni
- Ability to work efficiently in both a team and self-directed manner.
- Curiosity - You've got a strong desire to learn new things and a strong interest in the latest technologies.
- Laziness - You hate repetitive work, and have an urge to automate everything.
- Humility - There's no need to show off. And if you don't know something, ask. Be chill and be happy.
- Attention to detail and a passion to build the best software.
Bonus Points for
- Experience with modern web frameworks and services
- Experience with:
- Working and contributing to Open Source projects
- Experience working on high performance applications
- DevOps experience
- Database optimization experience, especially with Postgres
- Team Leader/Management experience
- An eye for good design, typography and products
Top 6 reasons to work at Smore:
Smore is a small company, which means we value input, regardless of role or seniority. Really.
We're always learning, evolving and iterating — all in service of creating great tools for our users.
How To Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with your first name + position you are applying to in the subject line of the email.
Include your resume, a short description of yourself, and why you think you'd be a good fit for the position.
Good luck!! :)
Click the follow button on the right to be the first to know about open positions.
Come join the Smore team. If you're passionate about beautiful products, drop us a line.