Falcon Ridge Family Updates
December 5, 2022
News and Tidbits
I hope you had a wonderful weekend.
We are excited to announce this year's yearbook cover contest! The theme for the 2022-23 yearbook is "Keep on Truckin'" and the deadline for entries is December 15th.
Brown Bus has adjusted the first two bus stop times due to construction. Please check the brown bus schedule on the website to see updated stop times. As we approach the winter season please be mindful of driving conditions. Please note that due to inclement weather (snow, slick roads, etc.) and the traffic delays caused by the inclement weather that routes could possibly be running :15 minute +/- late. Please be patient, prepared and plan accordingly.
Also, please remember to send warm outerwear for recess and Fit Club. Even though it is fall, we still try to provide opportunities for the students to go outside for fresh air, sunshine, and exercise. Research has shown this benefits learning.
Our theme this year is Keep on Truckin'. Our character development will focus on a growth mindset. This month's character trait is compassion. Be sure and ask your student if he/she has earned a Falcon Card.
We are glad you have chosen Falcon Ridge Charter School as your school of choice. We are honored to partner with you in your child's education.
Congratulations! (November Citizens of the Month)
Third Grade Science Ozobots
Average Daily Attendance
K - 94.17%
1st - 93.10%
2nd - 95.86%
3rd - 96.55%
4th - 96.67%
5th - 94.85%
6th - 97.88%
7th - 96.36%
8th - 94.00%
It’s that time of year where we give back to the staff members at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School with a special Giving Tree. Below you will find the link to the teacher list with their wish list attached to Amazon. Some staff members requested items not easily found on Amazon, so those items are included next to their names. Don’t see anything left on the list? Gift cards are a fantastic way to say Thank You to your teacher! As a reminder, we also get a reward from the AmazonSmiles program if you link your Amazon account to our organization (this is no additional cost to you). All you need to do is go to smile.amazon.com and search for "Falcon Ridge Public Charter School Parent-Teacher Organization". https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/14utzHKU7YaZukjHOYfLfCVrW76oNNrdyOiGQuRd37aY/mobilebasic
Parents, the PTO shares information and events on their PTO Facebook page. The group is called "Falcon Ridge PTO & Parents" and should be accessible via this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/319697921566543/.
Falcon Ridge Giving Tree
Resources for Parents
13 Ways to Raise a Caring and Compassionate Child
Good Manners for Kids to Have
- Saying “thank you” after something is received, given or exchanged.
- Using the word “please” when you’re asking for help or would like to receive something you want or need.
- Looking people in the eye when you greet them or if they’re talking to you. (Once toddlers master please and thank you, then begin working on eye-contact.)
- Greeting others with “hello” or “goodbye” as well as responding to someone when they greet you.
- Saying “I’m sorry” or “excuse me.”
- Holding the door open for others.
- Not speaking over others, but waiting until it’s their turn to talk.
12/7 - STEM Club @ 3:00p.m.
12/9 - Lottery Opens for New Students
12/13 - School Board Meeting @ 6:30p.m.
12/14 - STEM Club @ 3:00p.m.
12/16 - Middle School Choir Concert @ 2:15p.m.
12/18-1/2 Christmas Break
1/3 ~ FIRST DAY BACK
STEM Club Dates
Student Dress Code
In an effort to provide a safe and orderly school environment for your children, we will expect the following dress guidelines followed by the students of Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Our focus at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School is to create an educational atmosphere with the fewest disruptions.
1. Gang attire of any kind is strictly prohibited, ie. Garments that are suggestive or garments that advertise illegal substances or obscene statements are not allowed.
2. Brief garments such as halter tops, bare midriffs, tube tops, net tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, and plunging necklines (front or back) are not appropriate. All shirts must be wider than three adult fingers on the shoulder. Shorts and skirts shorter than fingertip length are inappropriate.
3. Pajamas or slippers of any kind are strictly prohibited.
4. Makeup (lipstick, rouge, blush, eye makeup) are not allowed at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Blemish correction and clear lip gloss are acceptable.
5. Hair color will be within the natural color spectrum (brown, black, blonde or auburn.)
6. No pierced jewelry, other than in the ears, will be permitted.
7. Students will wear or change into athletic shoes for P.E.
8. No hats indoors except for special spirit days.