GWMS Sunday Message
Week of January 19th
- Mr. Payne on how great he is at using Blackboard. Many parents say it is very detailed and allows them to easily access information about what is taking place in class.
- Eddie Menefee for working with students after school to help them start and complete science project. His support made all the difference for many of our students who wouldn't have done anything without his help!!
- 8th Grade ELA department for their work in preparation for the writing exam.
- KUDOS to the folks who are using the KUDOS form - it's always so wonderful to hear about how we all help to make a difference in the lives of our students at GW!
If you'd like to add your own Kudos the link is here.
Now it is time for our PBIS vocabulary game….. WORDS WITH FRACULTY
WORDS WITH FRACULTY! This week’s intellectually snobbish, impractical, obsolete, and vacuous word will be stated on the announcements. Students will be challenged to use the word in its proper context per the appropriate content area to gain prexie love in their classes.
THIS WEEKS WORD: Harangue - noisy, attacking speech
Wednesday, Jan. 27th, 6pm
1005 Mount Vernon Avenue
Four different versions of the student survey are provided on Blackboard to reflect developmental differences. Teachers of grades K–8 administer the survey to the entire class. In situations in which students change classes, teachers should administer surveys to at least two classes. Teachers may revise the surveys at their discretion and may ask another teacher or staff member to administer the survey.
The teacher retains sole access to the results of the student surveys, with a summary of the survey data provided in the Documentation Log through Talent Ed. You can not see the reflection summary until it is submitted. If you have any questions please feel free to contact your evaluator.
Benchmark Testing Continues this Week
This week we will being our benchmark tests. These tests mimic the SOL tested areas for each grade level. Jim and Kyle were kind enough to create a calendar of testing below and explain how we can accomplish this mandated testing in a manner that is least intrusive. Thank you for your work!
- All tests are given during class period (schedule is not altered)
- Teachers reserve their team cart for the day of testing.
- If teachers need additional computers, contact Jim and Kyle, please indicate which period and how many additional computers are needed
- Tests are given in Schoolnet
- iPads can be used as well as student laptops
- If students do not finish - have them PAUSE and then exit SchoolNet.
Tuesday, January 19th - 7th grade Math
Wednesday, January 20th - 8th grade Science
Thursday, January 21st - 8th grade Social Studies
Staff Member of the Month
Mail Chimp has proven to be a great way to keep our GW families in the loop with all of the fantastic things that go on at GWMS. Thank you to everyone for your contributions…..KEEP THEM COMING! You are doing great work with our students and the parental feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.
Continue to send your pictures and short write-ups to Ms. Barnes - firstname.lastname@example.org - to share all the wonderful things going on in your classrooms.
HALLWAY SUPPORT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please stand in the middle of the hallways and actively monitor and support students on their way to class. We need to perform as a unified team in this respect. The power of the many is what makes transitions smooth and orderly. Simply put, we cannot do this alone.
Monday 1/18/16NO SCHOOL
NO PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
DEPARTMENT Meetings 3:30 - 4:15 Various Locations
Saturday School - 9:00am - 12:00pm